Details: includes health benefits.
2 West 45th Street
The Auschwitz Institute for Peace and Reconciliation (AIPR) is hiring a Full Charge Bookkeeper with strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and excellent organizational competencies. The position will be within the Executive Office of the Auschwitz Institute and will report directly to the Executive Director. The Full Charge Bookkeeper will be the primary person responsible for all aspects of AIPR’s bookkeeping activities, including budgeting and forecasting, as well as accounts payable and receivable, and organization-wide financial reporting.
This position involves 4 full days of full-time in-office work per business week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day to day bookkeeping duties (including A/P and A/R)
- Employee expense management
- Communicating with vendors and bill paying
- Sending wires both domestically and internationally
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Maintaining internal controls
- Tracking and managing temporarily restricted contributions
- Preparing reporting documents for the Board of Directors
- Working with outside auditor to complete audit and 990
- Monitoring and updating weekly budget for entire organization
- Compiling forecasts for expenses, income, and providing cash flow analysis
- Managing the preparation of the annual budget
- Filing and maintaining regulatory filings as well as electronic and paper records
- Mastery of QuickBooks Online (required)
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel (required)
- Experience working with cash-based accounting (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related field (required)
- 5–7 years of previous experience performing similar tasks (required)
- Previous experience with nonprofit organizations (required)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team (required)
Please note: Continued employment is also subject to the successful completion of a three-month trial period and positive performance review.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume or c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org.