24 hours per week
Participate as a member of the medical service delivery team in the health management and treatment of men and women seeking medical services with Tapestry. Provide confidential, non-judgmental counseling and education to clients concerning reproductive health issues to enable them to make fully informed decisions and access the full range of medical services needed. Assist in the health service centers with all office-related functions.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide reproductive health counseling, including: pelvic exams, routine testing/screening, gynecological problems, STIs, HIV/AIDS, contraceptive methods, ECP, pregnancy testing and options counseling, PrEP, exam results, use of and possible side effects of medication and birth control.
• Document all information in electronic medical record and on logs per protocol
• Perform limited medical and lab procedures including but not limited to blood draws, HIV testing, pregnancy testing, urine dipsticks, and prepare various lab tests for shipment to commercial or state laboratory per protocol.
• Alert supervisor of need for DCF notification of abuse of minor clients.
• Distribute appropriate written information to clients and provide clients with referrals as needed
• Assist in the maintenance of referral information on other medical services, including colonoscopy and abortion, and related health issues.
• Conduct Pap, breast, medical or other related program follow-up and tracking as per protocol, if assigned.
• Provide clinic support services, lab assistance, exam room set-up, and office support, including front desk coverage/reception, use of electronic medical record system and phone counseling and appointment making.
• Distribute emergency contraception.
• Assist in training and orientation of new staff, interns and/or volunteers.
• Conduct outreach including tabling or presentations at various community sites, as assigned.
• Record and submit billing information; establish fees according to agency’s sliding fee scale, collect money due from clients.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum high school graduate or equivalent required.
• 2-year College or medical assisting degree preferred
• One-year experience in reproductive health preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to work with a diverse clientele and staff, and to work as part of a team required.
• Computer skills required, experience with an EMR preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
• Supports the mission and goals of the agency.
Job requires some evening hours weekly. Occasional occurrences of dealing professionally with challenging clients is required
• Able to sit at a desk to use computer, general administrative duties and make phone calls for up to 4 plus hours per day.
• Able to stand for up to 4 plus hours/day,
• Able to sit for up to 4 plus hours/day
• Able to walk to offices within the clinic site to deliver services.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
24 hours per week
Participate as a member of the medical service delivery team in the health management and treatment of men and women seeking medical services with Tapestry. Provide confidential, non-judgmental counseling…