4649 Sunnyside Ave N.
Are you seeking a rewarding opportunity to use your communications skills to benefit kids and the environment? Would you like to be part of a young, growing nonprofit that is creating solutions to challenges we face? Join the talented team at Washington Green Schools as our new Communications Manager!
Washington Green Schools is a nonprofit organization that guides and supports students and K-12 schools to become leaders for environmental sustainability in their communities. We collaborate with diverse organizations, including school districts, government agencies, businesses, and nonprofits, to deliver environmental education and action programs in schools across the state. Washington Green Schools has a commitment to racial equity that is shaping our programs and organizational growth.
The Communications Manager will have exceptional written communication skills, a good sense of design, and aptitude for managing multiple projects and deadlines. A passion for Washington Green Schools’ mission and commitment to equity are essential. This full-time position will support WGS’s programmatic and fundraising goals and requires excellent people and organizational skills. Washington Green Schools offers a collaborative, flexible, and fun working environment and a commitment to supporting staff members’ growth.
· Create and implement communications plans and monitor progress
· Oversee the website and improvements to it
· Design and make flyers, invitations, and other print and electronic marketing materials
· Coordinate the creation and delivery of electronic newsletters
· Maintain and grow the organization’s presence on social media
· Engage with media and pursue opportunities to increase WGS’s visibility
· Improve and maintain the photo library
· Manage relationships with graphic designers, videographers, and other communications consultants
· Write and edit grant proposals and reports as needed
· Collaborate with staff in making key strategic decisions affecting the organization
· Participate in staff and board meetings, attend community events, and assist with fundraising activities
· Contribute to the growth and overall success of the organization
Washington Green Schools is a small organization and all employees are expected to perform tasks outside of their job description from time to time.
· 2+ years of professional communications experience (nonprofit or start-up desired), plus a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
· Ability to apply creativity and innovation to advance communications goals
· Exceptional written communication skills, including editing
· Experience with graphic design, social media, and website management
· Tech savvy, especially with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
· Organized and detail oriented
· Collaborative and experienced with diverse stakeholders
· Emotionally intelligent with a growth mindset
· Commitment to WGS’s mission and work
The Communications Manager is a full-time, exempt position. The salary range is $42,000-$46,000 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits. Time off includes 10 paid holidays and 20 PTO days. Washington Green Schools’ office is in the Good Shepherd Center in the Wallingford neighborhood in Seattle.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, writing sample, and design sample as one document in Word or PDF format outlining 1) your experience with the requirements listed above and 2) why you are a good fit for this position. Email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Communications Manager.” Applications will be reviewed as received and interviews will begin June 18th. No phone calls please.
Washington Green Schools is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to racial equity, and we encourage people of color to apply.