The Coordinator, Research and Evaluation, Office of the President is a high-level professional directly assisting the President of Global Cities, Inc. – A Program of Bloomberg Philanthropies, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization established under the auspices of Bloomberg Philanthropies. The Coordinator, Research and Evaluation, works closely with the President in support of the ongoing activities, mission, and vision of Global Cities.
The Coordinator particularly supports the evaluation focus of Global Cities, proactively investigating issues, projects, and programs and briefs the President, writes in her voice; and supports other members of senior leadership in their evaluation- and knowledge-management focused responsibilities. The Coordinator, Research and Evaluation is a confidant of the President as well as a presidential direct report. The position offers significant opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Based in Global Cities New York City headquarters, the position requires the ability to work globally and to work alongside the President in diverse cultural settings.
· Assists the President and senior program leadership in coordinating research and evaluation activities.
· Reviews data and other feedback from schools, reports insights, and targets areas in need of follow up.
· Conducts ongoing research on student learning outcomes for global digital exchange to inform program development and evaluation.
· Supports the Global Cities education team to embed data collection in the curriculum, e-classroom, and professional development platforms, helping synthesize data and feedback from across program areas.
· Documents project activities and reports on project status.
· Builds organizational knowledge through appropriate research.
· Assists in creating content in multiple media for external audiences.
· Exceptional research, writing, and communications skills.
· Ability to analyze data and present information in clear and concise formats.
· Ability to work with external constituencies, including consultants, peer organizations, and school districts.
· Project management experience and the ability to anticipate and plan future activities to ensure task completion.
· Ability to manage time, work autonomously, and handle multiple tasks while ensuring accountability.
· Ability to work globally alongside the President in diverse cultural settings and with varied constituencies.
· Experience in a team-based environment.
· Messaging experience a plus.
· Ability to speak one or more modern foreign languages a plus.
· Excellent computer skills; strong background in MS Office, particularly Excel, and iOS software and experience troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
· Data management and analysis skills; experience with Salesforce CMS preferred.
· 3 years of progressively increasing leadership responsibility.
· Graduate degree or equivalent experience.
This is a full-time, exempt position; work hours may extend beyond the beyond the standard workday depending upon project demands. Some international and domestic travel required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About Global Cities
Global Cities, Inc. a Program of Bloomberg Philanthropies, promotes skill that today’s youth will require for citizenship in tomorrow’s world. Global Scholars, an international digital exchange, is its signature program for children ages 10-13. Global Scholars operates in public schools around the globe, helping students deepen their understanding of their own cultural and historical contexts and giving them intellectual tools to appreciate the opportunities and challenges faced by those living in other places.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.