Details: $3,000 Stipend
50 Valley Street
Position Summary: Seeking an experienced researcher to work with UWRI’s Afterschool Leadership Circle to complete a paper on the state of afterschool programs in Rhode Island. The paper will entail researching and presenting the landscape of current (nonprofit/public) afterschool providers, primary financial resources that support afterschool programming, program quality and workforce training needs. The deadline for completion is August 15, 2018.
· BA/BS degree in education, policy, history, or is in the course of completing that degree. Can be a current student or recent college graduate. For example, the applicant is in their third year of college and has taken courses in researching topics related to education. Master’s degree preferred.
· Familiarity with either the study of or in the profession of education and specifically in the afterschool field
· Have an understanding of the AmeriCorp program
· Has experience conducting research and doing literature reviews
· Has strong writing skills as exhibited through a submitted research project
Minimum Education Required