Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education.
Rocketship Public Schools (www.rocketshipschools.org) is a network of public elementary charter schools serving primarily low-income students in neighborhoods where access to excellent schools is limited. Using a blend of traditional instruction, adaptive technology and targeted tutoring, Rocketship strives to meet the unique needs of each and every student. But we believe that truly transformative schools do more than educate students; they empower teachers, engage parents and inspire communities. Together, we can eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
Rocketship was founded in San Jose, but we realize the achievement gap stretches across the nation. We're opening new schools every year to help reach the millions of students striving in underperforming schools every day.
Always striving to create inspiring and functional learning environments, Rocketship’s Real Estate Development Team leads all new campus development projects across the different regions in which we operate. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Associate Director of Real Estate (ADRE). As part of Rocketship’s Real Estate Team, the Real Estate Project Manager will be leading and/or supporting project teams through design development and construction of new elementary charter schools.
The Real Estate Project Manager will participate in weekly design and construction project meetings with the ADRE, the Architect, General Contractors, and Engineers, assisting the ADRE with design and schedule decisions. Some travel will be required to regions outside of California in order to attend project meetings, manage relationships and visit project sites. Using and improving upon the existing processes, the Real Estate Project Manager will manage the project budget, all phases of the project schedule from design to entitlements & permitting to construction and finally through school opening. The Project Manager will participate in the review of new campus design plans with internal team members, incorporating their suggestions when appropriate.
Part of Rocketship’s growth strategy also involves the opening of temporary campuses while permanent full scale campuses are being developed. The Real Estate Project Manager will assist with any facility improvements and/or permitting as necessary for these spaces as well.
For every school the Real Estate Team builds, we seek out opportunities for positive social, environmental and educational impact. Inside our classrooms we are intently focused on building a positive work environment for our staff and fostering the best learning experience for our students. On a more macro-scale, we strive to create long-term value for the community, to build sustainably and push the envelope in educational design, all within our budgeting and scheduling constraints.
· Own the Rocketship mission, vision and strategy for facilities and how it supports Rocketship’s internal teams, the schools and ultimately the families and communities that Rocketship serves
· Support ADRE on new school design in collaboration with external design-build teams and recommend future design improvements
· Support ADRE in working with local jurisdictions on securing the necessary entitlements approvals and permitting for new campus projects.
· Track project budgets including coordinating project invoicing, preparation of periodic management reports, and providing assistance to team managers with pre and post project cost analyses
· Monitor project schedules and assist with problem solving to ensure on-time delivery of school projects
· Monitor the work and services of major contractors and vendors, including annual review and recommendations for new relationships
· Drive projects forward by compiling, distributing, and following-up on weekly project meeting task lists to the design-build team
· Review all contracts from the design-build team and coordinate contract administration.
· Monitor the project punch-lists to ensure timely completion and project close out
· Liaison with the Operations and Achievement staff to ensure smooth school start-up and long-term facility performance.
· This role can be primarily based out of our Redwood City, CA national office or our San Jose, CA regional office
· Some travel will be required to regions outside of California in order to attend project meetings, manage relationships and visit project sites
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain in a stationary position for sustained periods; talk; hear; and interact with others
· This position requires the constant operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculators, copy machines, and printers
· Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision
· Bachelor’s degree; preferred to be in Real Estate, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning or a related field
· 3+ years of experience in project management, real estate or construction management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience in a fast-paced, highly analytical, and fast growing environment
· An evident passion for Rocketship’s mission as well as a passion for the built environment
· Experience working with sustainable design practices and an eye towards environmentally conscience land use
· Experience in securing entitlements approvals and building permits for new construction projects
· Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills
· A team player who is detail oriented, organized, resourceful, proactively manages multiple critical deadlines and adapts quickly and confidently
· Must enjoy solving problems
· Comfort with Microsoft Office required. Ability to quickly learn new IT applications.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Some travel is required.
How to Apply
To submit an online application, please go to the following link: http://www.rocketshipschools.org/join-our-team/network-support-opportunities/
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required