Details: Commensurate with experience
Organization Background :
After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is one of the leading national after-school program providers in the country. Our comprehensive school-based programs combine activities and learning to help build the knowledge and skills children need to succeed, both in school and in life.
ASAS NYC is seeking a part-time Site Coordinator to oversee the day-to-day operations of our comprehensive after-school program at one of our local schools. The Site Coordinator (SC) must be energetic, youth-focused, and passionate about providing high-quality programming to youth. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills. The SC will be a self-starter with a great personality and compatible with both school administration and students. They must have passion to serve youth in an educational setting and the ability to mentor school aged students, ensuring that they have a positive and fun after-school experience. This individual will be the key to a successful program.
We are excited to announce that for employees who demonstrate successful job performance will have the opportunity for educational advancement. Through a unique college-access partnership with a full accredited nonprofit university, successful candidates can qualify to pursue their Associate and/or Bachelor's degree with an accredited university at little to no cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Site Coordinator, under the direction of the Program Manager and school principal, is responsible for the daily operations of the program, including, but not limited to, personnel, activities, and general program operation. Major areas of responsibility are to:
· Must report to site Monday-Friday from 1:00-6:00pm
· Daily data –entry in compliance with ASAS, and grant funded requirements
· Participation in Chapter Ops. Meetings
· Lead Safety and Compliance at site with guidance of Operations Associate
· Manage completion of onboarding Paperwork for all new hires
· Maintain an inviting, safe, orderly environment
· Maintain a clear and consistent line of communication with program staff, school administration, and parents
· In consultation with administration, program staff, and students, provide day-to-day oversight of programs and after-school staff
· Develop schedules that incorporate student interests, required curricula and timeframes, and ensure their accurate implementation
· Acquire and coordinate program equipment, materials, facilities, nutrition, and transportation needs on site
· Coordinate all logistical planning for site events, trips and camps.
· Monitor student behavior onsite during program hours
· Utilize appropriate discipline measures, as necessary
· Organize student recruitment activities
· Maintain and forward fiscal data, including receipts, time sheets, material requests, evaluations, and attendance data to the program manager according to established procedures and timelines
· Attend professional development activities and meetings provided by ASAS
· Respond to inquiries from parents and students regarding program offerings, attendance, and registration procedures
· Visit classrooms on a daily basis. Review performance of ASAS Program Leaders and provide suggestions, demonstrations, and assistance for improvement, as needed
· Check email daily to ensure that program updates and communication are reviewed in a timely manner
· Conduct regular staff meetings
Experience and Education
The successful candidate will have a year or more of administrative capacity or related youth development program experience. The individual will have a familiarity with data entry and passion for implementing data action plans to impact recruitment and retention.
· An undergraduate degree is required; BA in education, business administration, youth development, or related field is desirable
· One or more years' experience working in a leadership or supervisory capacity in an after-school, day camp or community youth outreach setting is preferred
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with school district staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents and community leaders
· Knowledge and experience of low-income, minority, and underserved middle school and over-aged student populations.
· Familiarity with youth development principles and middle-school-aged youth
· Skill in data tracking, record keeping, writing reports, and maintaining student and staff records
· Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others as well as respond to critical incidents and act swiftly in an emergency situation
· Excellent organizational and managerial skills
· Must clear FBI and local background checks as well as a TB test ( i.e. , obtain negative TB result)
· Familiarity and experience with diverse populations in a high stress environment strongly preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply:
1.) Please apply through our application survey in the link provided you will need to provide a resume and cover letter at the end of the application; please note, without the completion of the survey candidates will not be considered: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3ZSFVRQ