Details: $25/hour - minimum contingent on funding
610 West 112th street
Where: Bank Street College of Education 610 W 112th Street, New York, NY 10025
When: October 2018 – June 2019
Day/Time: After School
Liberty LEADS is seeking qualified instructor to work with middle and high school groups to teach computer programming skills through interactive and exciting projects. The participants will be immerse in the vast and diverse world of coding while learning the basics through interactive projects.
The Liberty LEADS Program at Bank Street College is a college access and college success program serving students throughout New York City. We offer a comprehensive academic program and a wide range of resources for students in grades 5 through 12, Monday through Saturday, for 11 months of the year. Liberty LEADS works to ensure that youth with few economic resources have access to the supports necessary to realize their potential, make positive contributions to society, and smoothly make the transition into college or an entry-level career. The program is guided by the principle that all children have gifts, talents, and great potential and can contribute to one another's social and academic growth.
● Lead groups of 10-12 middle or high school students in coding curriculum
● Engage students and provide individual support to students
● Manage group using positive behavior management strategies
● Meet regularly with the Liberty LEADS Social Worker for supervision and debriefing
● Provide lesson plans to supervisor one week in advance for approval.
● Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
● Previous experience working with high school youth
$25/hour - minimum contingent on funding
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume to:Marisol Saks, Operations Manager - Banks Street College of Education - Liberty Leads at firstname.lastname@example.org & apply through the Bank Street website