Link Up Illinois Program Associate - Position Objective:
A successful Link Up Illinois Program Associate will take initiative and assist in development, management, and implementation of the Link Up Illinois program. This position has the unique opportunity of understanding the operations of Link Up Illinois and assisting in improving the trajectory of the program. Link Up Illinois Program Associate will work with the Senior Program Manager to ensure Link Up Illinois’ leadership role in providing and expanding funding, training and technical support for SNAP nutrition incentive programs in Illinois.
The Link Up Illinois Program Associate will work with and report to the Senior Link Up Illinois Program Manager.
Link Up Illinois Program Associate duties:
- Develop Link Match initiative at corner stores in Chicago, by ensuring success of current corner store initiatives and expanding Link Match to 2 additional Chicago corner stores and 1 store outside of Chicago by June 30, 2022, with at least 2 stores identified by December 2021.
- Work with all corner stores to ensure program success.
- Work with all corner stores to ensure timely and accurate collection and entry of data.
- Build linkages between local farmers, distributors, and corner stores offering Link Match to increase the quantity of locally grown foods sold in corner stores offering Link Match.
- Develop and provide ongoing support for the farmers receiving funding through the Fresh Food from Farmers of Color (FFFC) initiative, including organizing site visits, following up with grant recipients (via surveys, email, or in-person), coordinating consulting opportunities, connecting grantee farmers to resources and sales venues (farmers markets, WIC Nutrition Centers, corner stores), and helping to track their success in carrying out their projects.
- Assist Link Up Illinois Senior Program Manager with providing EBT/Link Match training workshops statewide.
- Assist Link Up Illinois Senior Program Manager with developing promotional materials (including annual IL Link Match brochure, signage, social media, website content, etc.) and supporting promotion of Link Match statewide.
- Assist Link Up Illinois Senior Program Manager with tracking progress of the program and ensure the program meets all grant milestones.
- Be a strong and positive advocate for Link Up Illinois and Experimental Station locally and statewide.
- Other assigned duties, as needed.
- Track data from corner stores and enter required data into FM Tracks.
- Track data from farmer outreach.
- Assist with survey development and provide support for survey implementation.
- Provide data to the Senior Program Manager and other staff for grant reporting and fundraising.
- Interest in advancing food accessibility and healthy neighborhood initiatives
- Ability to communicate clearly, with a detailed understanding of Link Up Illinois’ mission and goals.
- Demonstrate positive attitude and willingness and ability to work collaboratively with a team, including fellow staff and supervisors.
- Demonstrate strong initiative and follow-through skills.
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- The ability to maintain existing systems/processes, and to suggest improved or new systems/processes, as needed.
- Social awareness and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Participation in conferences and other outreach opportunities.
- 2+ years of experience in food access or other food-related work.
- Experience working collaboratively with individuals of differing backgrounds, including
diverse language skills, cultures, and levels of formal education.
- Experience in data input
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.) and GSuite
- Proficient in all forms of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)