POSITION OVERVIEW: The Grants Administrator will be an experienced professional with expertise in effective grants administration and compliance for varying types of grants. They will be responsible for supporting the leadership team through administrative oversight and ensuring that the Organization’s grant-related activities, documents, procedures, and implementation are executed professionally, efficiently, on schedule, and in a manner consistent with best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, each primary job responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the primary job responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
- Support the grant requirements and implementation process for the organization
- Works collaboratively with members of the development and grant writing team to edit proposals and gather supporting documents in response to RFPs and sub-contracts.
- Gathers data required by funding sources and reporting.
- Assists the Director of Data and Social Impact in monitoring measurable outcomes as required by funding sources
- Coordinates with the Executive Director regarding funding efforts.
- Coordinate with key personnel to prepare appropriate reports for all grants and ensure work within deadline and ensure compliance to all contracts.
- Coordinate meetings and record minutes related to grant projects
- Prepare and maintain grants database and input grant overview and documentation in Asana
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Assist with invoicing, tracking costs, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of the grants process
- Identify strategies to optimize the grants administration process
- Assist with grant budget preparation and allocations in collaboration with the finance team
- Review and reconcile budget to actual expenses for all funder financial reports to ensure expenses are allocable, supported by required documentation, and within budget amounts
- Assist with invoicing, tracking costs, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of the grants process.
- Maintain records of all payments and receivables and prepare monthly records for all grant-related activities
IDEAL CANDIDATE: To be successful in this role, an individual applying should have strong financial analysis acumen and grants management experience. This new position will also work with leadership and staff to create systems of accountability as a part of the organization’s strategic process.
- Demonstrated commitment to Reproductive and Birth Justice and to supporting Black leadership
- A minimum of 3-years of applicable experience in grant administration, evaluation, and monitoring or budget preparation
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and grant writing highly desirable
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team with a high degree of intentionality
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision
- High level of skill with MS Office, G-Suite, and iOS
- Must be able to work with sensitive and protected information in a confidential manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication