Program Manager, Donor Relations and Stewardship
- Job posted by The Humane Society of The United States
700 Professional Drive
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Program Manager, Donor Relations and Stewardship.. The primary purpose of this position will be to advance the work of HSUS by working closely with the Senior Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship to develop, manage, and implement a comprehensive stewardship and donor recognition program for mid-level donors and collaborate with the Philanthropy team to identify and ensure proper cultivation of major donors.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing and fulfilling ongoing key communication programs and materials for thanking and informing donors regarding the crucial nature of their support.
- Managing databases to document donor experiences and interactions; tracking retention and conversion rates and determining the most effective engagement tools; will be using key performance indicators to track all marketing channels as it pertains to donor retention;
- Managing and executing special engagement programs, including in-person activities, conference calls, birthdays, anniversaries, etc., designed to cultivate and steward mid-level donors;
- Conducting donor research to help develop meaningful relationships with supporters, ensuring retention and recapturing of previous donors, and propagating major giving opportunities;
- Collaborating and managing strategic stewardship programs with internal, cross-departmental teams, which may include online, social media, and print communications;
- Identifying and referring potential major donors to Philanthropy officers and working to identify best stewardship practices; may serve as an additional contact for some donors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or marketing preferred or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum five years of experience working in a fundraising/donor relations environment or in a high-end customer service setting required;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required, along with ability to be tactful and display diplomacy;
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and time management skills along with ability to multi-task;
- Strong research and analytical skills required;
- Must be a self-starter, capable of identifying donor needs/requirements and a willingness to go the extra mile;
- Demonstrated creative-thinking skills to create unique and compelling stewardship methods;
- Demonstrated experience using complex databases and with Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, and donor databases;
- Ability to educate and to speak enthusiastically to donors about our programs to motivate and engage with our work;
- Ability and willingness to travel may be required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter.