29-76 Northern Blvd.
Long Island City
Unit: Care Management
Reports to: Senior Director, Care Management Unit
Status: Full-Time; Regular; Non-Exempt
Days/Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, subject to change based on program needs
Date Prepared: February 22, 2018
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst within Fortune’s Care Management Unit, which operates under the New York State Department of Health’s Health Home model of care. The ideal candidate will have strong program management experience, with an emphasis on data analytics. S/he will thrive within a fast-paced, collaborative team environment and will be adept at managing the daily operations of the care management unit, including the oversight of billing activity and billable staff outcomes. S/he will have demonstrated experience in thinking clearly, acting quickly and making correct decisions, obtaining and entering accurate information into centralized databases and understanding the guiding principles of HIPAA compliance. Success in this position requires excellent organizational skills and an ability to toggle between priorities, always using the data to help drive the unit’s performance. A working knowledge of the NYS Healthcare system is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze statistical data for the purpose of monitoring and reporting on program performance;
- Provide quality assurance of the Care Management Unit’s data through consistent monitoring of information entered into the agency database, as well as the myriad Health Home database platforms that the unit uses; train staff directly on data input and reporting when needed;
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of HER policies as well as the policies and procedures of the unit’s various Health Home partners and use data analysis and quality checks to ensure staff adherence;
- Conduct regular internal audits of client records, for qualitative and technical compliance;
- Identify department database support/training/technical assistance needs; provide staff training on these needs when appropriate;
- Create data and billing management tracking tools, and utilize existing databases to monitor staff workload and billable activities;
- Assist the Director and Senior Director in tracking, and managing the workflow process for, new and potential referral partnerships; create and maintain tools that report out, in real time, the success of those partnerships;
- Utilize multiple electronic health record systems and ensures that supervisory team develops expertise in the EHR of the assigned Health Home(s);
- Generate monthly Critical Indicators for unit compliance and EQI purposes;
- Draft external reports as needed, with an eye toward using the data to provide a comprehensive picture of the services provided;
- Attend in-house and outside training sessions;
- Assume additional responsibilities as needed; and
- Promote the mission of the Fortune Society.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or data analytics strongly preferred; Associates degree plus two years of experience or High School diploma plus three years progressive experience considered;
- Proven ability to drive programmatic outcomes to success;
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required, with a proven ability to navigate multiple software platforms (i.e. CaseWorthy);
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically and diplomatically with diverse internal and external audiences;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Bilingual English/Spanish a strong plus; and
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to this mission. Relevant personal experience is welcomed.
Travel Requirements – May require travel throughout the five boroughs of NY and to our Harlem office for trainings and/or meetings.
Physical Demands: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, victim of domestic violence status or marital status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
must apply online: