Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Falls Church, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
- In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
- In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
- That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
- That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
- That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
- Serve as the lead for Ayuda’s letters of inquiry and grant proposals to foundations and government entities
- Develop and execute action plans for cross departmental proposals, including organizing and leading project kickoff meetings
- Write compelling grant reports and other communication to Ayuda funders, including data measures for program outputs and outcomes
- Support Ayuda’s directors and managers with grant compliance, with a particular focus on government grant compliance
- Successfully communicate a strong understanding of Ayuda’s programs and strategic plan to funders
- Build expertise about Ayuda’s grant supporters and utilize this knowledge to develop competitive proposals and ensure compliance with funder requirements
- Contribute to Ayuda’s strategy to grow foundation and government grant funding
- Represent Ayuda at meetings with supporters and potential supporters, including cultivation meetings
- Potential supervision of grants team members
- Serve as a member of Ayuda’s leadership team
- Travel to Ayuda offices in Washington, D.C. Silver Spring, M.D. and Falls Church, V.A. (based in the Washington, D.C. office) with some remote work as well
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
- At least three years of grant writing experience and at least one year of project management experience
- Experience with government grants or government contracts
- Demonstrated ability to write and submit clear, structured, persuasive grant proposals that are competitive
- Experience participating in site visits and other meetings with funders
- Ability to speak effectively about Ayuda’s programs and impact
- Experience communicating program statistics and outcomes to funders
- Ability to understand and interpret data points
- Ability to prioritize projects with various deadlines and requirements
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and requirements provided by funders
- Ability to understand grant budgets and organizational budgets
- Capacity to independently manage time and deliver consistently high-quality work
- Ability to seek answers independently and ask for support when needed
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and short deadlines
- Comfort planning and leading meetings with directors and managers on complex projects
- Flexibility and creativity to adapt to changing situations
- Enthusiasm for building and growing Ayuda’s grant portfolio
- Comfort with remote communications and collaborative technologies when working across programs and the organization
- Skilled use of Microsoft Word, project management technologies, funder websites, and databases
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and comes with a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
Please apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Apply/416793/Ayuda/Grants-Manager with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. No phone calls, please.
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented communities.