Details: The position is full time at a competitive wage.
565 Congress Street
Maine People’s Alliance is Hiring
Maine People's Alliance (MPA) is Maine’s largest community action group with 32,000 members across Maine. Since 1982, we have engaged everyday Mainers in campaigns for social, economic, environmental and racial justice.
MPA is currently accepting inquiries for a Community Organizer located in Portland, Maine.
MPA seeks a community organizer whose responsibilities will include:
· Recruitment, training and leadership development of new and existing volunteers (especially from disenfranchised communities)
· Leadership role in issue campaigns
· Developing and supporting local, volunteer leadership team(s)
· Grassroots fundraising
· Planning campaign events and trainings
· Leveraging social media (Twitter, Facebook) to enhance on-the-ground organizing efforts
A qualified applicant should possess:
· Experience in door-to-door organizing
· At least one year of community organizing experience or community-building work
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
· A willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and occasional weekends
This position is based in Portland and will report to MPA’s Organizing Director, Jennie Pirkl.
MPA is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a one-page letter of interest, resume, and three references via e-mail to MPA Organizing Director Jennie Pirkl: Jennie@mainepeoplesalliance.org. Please title your email “Portland organizing position: (your name)”.