The National Lawyers Guild San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (NLGSF) is the largest chapter of the National Lawyers Guild, with over 700 members. NLGSF seeks a full-time Membership Coordinator to join our small team to ensure the smooth operation of our office, with a focus on membership support and office administration. The Membership Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Manage and ensure the quality and accuracy of our CiviCRM database.
- Respond to member email and telephone inquiries.
- Compile and distribute membership recruitment materials.
- Oversee monthly billing of members and lapsed members.
- Prepare monthly reports on membership status.
- Oversee membership listservs.
- Create and distribute regular email newsletter to members and supporters.
- Update website and social media accounts with news and events.
- Check and respond to general office email accounts and voicemail boxes.
- Collect and sort incoming mail.
- General office filing and data entry.
- Coordinate main office operations, including ordering supplies, coordinating use of office space, serving as primary point of contact for office service providers.
- Collect deposits and invoices for processing by our bookkeeper.
- Assist our bookkeeper in basic accounting reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Support Board of Directors and committees with any meeting logistics.
- Coordinate and prepare mailing lists for mass mailings to members as needed.
- Provide technical support to the office as needed.
- Work with volunteers and staff to plan, coordinate and execute events, including our chapter's annual Testimonial Dinner for 400+ guests.
- Create event announcements, invitations and flyers.
- Coordinate invitations and RSVP’s for membership events.
- Book venues and serve as primary liaison with event vendors.
- Recruit and oversee volunteers and interns for events.
- Recruit interns to fulfill semester or summer internship program.
- Write job descriptions and post to relevant sites.
- Complete any required paperwork for college internship credit.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Experience and high comfort level with CiviCRM.
- Experience with membership event planning and coordination.
- Strong organization and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to implement and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Able to manage multiple priorities; flexible, comfortable in environment with many projects and a lot of activity by members/volunteers.
- Comfortable with social media platforms.
- Knowledge of issues related to a progressive political agenda, including: support for civil liberties, workers' rights, social justice; opposition to government repression, racism, homophobia.
- Able to adapt to a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Experience working in a small, grassroots membership organization.
- Experience working with individuals in the legal profession.
- Layout and design skills.
- Knowledge of Wordpress.
NLGSF is an affirmative action employer. People of color, women, immigrants, formerly incarcerated persons, LGBTIQ+ individuals and differently-abled individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Generous benefits package and union membership.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to Jay Kim, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.