Endeavor Insight Contract Research Assistant - Project on Michigan
- Job posted by Endeavor Global, Inc.
Details: Compensation is $25 an hour for a maximum of 40 hours a week.
Endeavor Insight is currently looking for short-term Contract Research Assistants to work on our research on the software and food and beverage industries in Michigan.
The purpose of this project is to:
- provide a snapshot of these sectors' current size and status in Michigan
- analyze companies that have reached scale in these industries and how they have influenced other local companies
- identify the most pressing challenges to companies that are reaching scale
- identify existing and potential best practices for supporting scaling entrepreneurs;
The Contract Research Assistant will ideally be based in Michigan but can potentially work from Endeavor Insight's office in New York. They will be working for 30-40 hours per week for 4-5 months.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
Duties will include:
- Building a comprehensive company list and identifying notable or fast-growing entrepreneurs
- Conducting massive outreach and interviews with founders of the identified companies
- Cleaning and organizing survey data
- Researching successful local entrepreneurship support programs.
Skills & Qualifications
Candidates should have a strong research background or a good understanding of the inner workings of Michigan's economy. The ideal candidate has work experience in Michigan or at an economic development organization that is specialized in Michigan, although this is not a must.
Candidates should be capable of managing large amounts of data and possess strong quantitative skills and attention to detail.
Candidates must be interested in and and capable of conducting interviews regularly.
Demonstrated interest in international development or entrepreneurship is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All applicants should prepare a cover letter explaining why they want to work at Endeavor and why they are the best candidate for this position. Applicants should submit this cover letter and a resume through our online application at http://endeavor.org/work-with-us Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, we can only respond directly to select applicants.