Full Time Contract
Details: Hourly salary $20 per hour, earning overtime pay occasionally
700 West 40th Street
Action In Maturity, Inc. (AIM) is a private nonprofit organization located in the Hampden area. We are a senior center that provides older city residents and disabled adults with programming and services to improve their quality of life. Our major focus is on transportation for participants to our own or other agencies’ programs; social, cultural and other events; medical/therapy appointments and more. The fleet is two cars and 14 lift buses (12-14 passengers).
AIM seeks to hire a Transportation Coordinator who will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating, designing and maintaining transportation schedules;
- Supervision of drivers;
- Assisting with installation and implementation of a passenger bar code system;
- Driving as necessary;
- Interacting with passengers, senior buildings’ staffs, and other professionals and the public during pick up/drop off times, destinations and scheduled events;
- Ensuring all transportation paperwork (inc. drivers) is complete and accurate.
- Assist with planning, implementation and coordination of all AIM programs;
- Assist with newsletter, dues letters and other written communications;
- Assist other staff as needed and other duties as assigned.
This position is full time, 40 hours per week with an early start time; generally Monday through Friday although occasional evening and/or weekend time is possible. The TC reports to the Executive Director and supervises approximately 10-12 paid drivers. This person will also be part of the AIM management team and assist with all agency operations.
- High school degree required, college degree preferred (ideally logistics, trans. mngt, etc.);
- Transportation coordination experience will count highly in a candidates’ ranking, particularly experience with federal/state transportation regulations;
- Good written and oral communication;
- Ability to supervise others and be a part of a team;
- Interested in working with seniors as a career path.
- Must pass criminal background check, DOT alcohol/drug/physical test and have a good driving record (at least “C” license required).
paid vacation, holidays and sick days
Level of Language Proficiency
Must have good oral and written English communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
email to firstname.lastname@example.org written resume and cover letter expressing why you chose to apply for this job