Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Partnership with Children provides critical counseling, school-wide services, and family and community outreach in high-poverty, New York City public schools so students can reach their full potential. The ideal Community School Director is an ambitious leader, who is passionate about social justice, and committed to empowering students, families, schools and communities. The Community School Director is a leader and change agent in the school building, working side by side with the principal and our social work staff to build and implement a community school program.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders (students, families, school staff and community members) to develop a needs assessment, to create and implement a community school plan
- Develop and lead a Community School Team of stakeholders to implement the plan and monitor progress
- Create and implement a robust parent and community engagement action plan
- Communicate and build relationships with community partners, key-stakeholders, and volunteers
- Form partnerships with community agencies aligned with school goals, and bring services into the school (i.e. health, mental health, dental, afterschool, GED, arts etc.) for students and parents
- Provide oversight and coordination of programming during the school day and extended day hours for students, families and the community
- Track program activity and progress and use data and evaluation to strengthen the program
- Commitment to demonstrating PWC’s organizational values of Collaboration, Continuous Learning, Going to Solution, Equity & Inclusion, and Passion
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters in social work, education, public administration or another related field preferred
- Five years of relevant experience as a community school director or in education, youth development, social work, community organizing or another related field
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the school
- Understanding of high-needs communities and schools and knowledge of community organizing principles
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, and in a school under a dual reporting structure
- Ability to track and manage a program budget as well as negotiate agreements with other organizations
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, flexible, organized and can-do attitude
- Interest in and comfort with working with data to inform practice
- Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and clearance by NYC Department of Education
- Full-time, some weeknight and Saturday hours
- Year-round position
All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 401k retirement plan, life insurance, and twenty days paid vacation per year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put “Community School Director” in the subject line and kindly let us know how you heard of this opportunity. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Partnership with Children welcomes diversity in all its forms and believes that its mission can only be achieved when diversity is leveraged across all areas, including race, gender, gender expression, age, nationality and life experience. Partnership with Children is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team and strongly encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds. Partnership with Children provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.