The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking a Program Director to join its Residential Services Department in Manhattan.
- Responsible for safe operation of 42 bed /14 apartment Level II community residence
- Supervise delivery of service to clients, including admissions to the program, ongoing rehabilitative services and counseling, and discharge from the program
- Directly supervise Assistant Program Director, Case Managers, Residence Counselors, and Peer Specialist
- Ensure that the program is prepared for successful OMH and HUD audits and reviews.
- Complete monthly data collection to monitor services and trends in census, attendance, incidents, and funder outcomes.
- Available on call for 24-hour crisis intervention. Willing to work nights and or weekends as needed
- Manage personnel activities, including hiring, shift scheduling, developing policies and procedures, staff meetings, case conferences, staff training, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and labor/management issues.
- Perform all required administrative duties, including reviewing the accuracy of data entry in electronic health records, oversight of petty cash, and monitoring staff attendance
- Ongoing assessment of building maintenance requirements, and serve as liaison with maintenance staff regarding repair needs
- Attend internal and external meetings, supervision and trainings as required.
* MS/MA preferred plus 2 years’ experience, or BA/BS plus 4 years’ experience, or HS/GED
plus 6 years’ experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Commitment to person-centered and trauma informed services, and experience with adults
living with SMI and co-occurring disorders.
* Clear understanding of OMH Supported Housing Guidelines
* Excellent time management skills; stress resistant, flexible; excellent interpersonal and
communication skills; team player; open to feedback; creative; excellent organizational skills
* Willingness to perform CPR/First Aid/AED/CPI/Naloxone
* Experience with mental health and substance abuse, and significant experience with crisis
intervention and managing trauma-triggered behaviors. Strong Motivational Interviewing
skills and commitment to wellness based programming.
* Knowledge of AWARDS preferred
* Spanish speaking a plus.
Excellent compensation package.
Minimum Education Required