Details: Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
About the Organization
The Broad Center is a nonprofit organization that recruits, trains and supports talented leaders from across America to transform urban public school systems. For generations, Americans have called public education “the great equalizer.” But in too many places, our school systems are not living up to that promise. Instead, outdated, inefficient bureaucracies too often exacerbate inequities and get in the way of good teachers' ability to do great work. Driven by the belief in the power of public education and inspired to make a difference, a growing network of experienced leaders and managers are taking on the challenge.
The Broad Academy and The Broad Residency prepare these professionals to put their skills and know-how to work making student learning the primary driver of every central office dollar and decision. By targeting resources where they are needed most, efforts of Broad Center alumni are helping improve the learning outcomes and life chances of the students they serve. In public school districts, charter management organizations and even state and federal departments of education, more than 500 members of The Broad Center’s alumni network are working with educators, parents and community leaders to help their schools soar. Regardless of the setting, for each one of them, the goal is the same: Make public education systems more effective, more efficient and more equitable so that every student receives a world-class education. For more information, visit our website at www.broadcenter.org.
About the Position
The operations associate will join The Broad Residency’s program team, a high- performing unit that runs a top-tier national leadership development program. This is an ideal opportunity for a talented individual with a strong desire to drive outcomes and with a desire to support the development of leaders within K-12 public education systems. This position reports to the director, and will be responsible for managing processes and systems related to both internal and external operations. For example, the individual will manage logistics for professional development events, vendor relationships, and will hold some budgetary and fiduciary responsibilities.
The Residency is facing an exciting inflection point. The Residency recently launched its largest cohort of participants or “Residents” and plans to grow its cohorts even further in future years. This growth will present new opportunities to have a greater impact in public education.
Our mission is to positively impact millions of children by improving K-12 public education. This is a difficult mission and requires the dedication of tireless, creative, smart people who enjoy operating in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate for this role is a highly motivated contributor who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. The role requires strong process/systems management, event management and interpersonal skills. This individual must be a strategic thinker, problem solver and team player
committed to developing and supporting a growing network of education leaders.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills associated with the job.
Resident Development Data Management
· Manage data collection and analysis related to Resident development; synthesize and derive trends across various qualitative and quantitative data sets.
· Maintain the academic records of Residents and program alumni, including assignment submissions, grades, transcript requests and determining graduation eligibility.
· Leverage technology to optimize systems for tracking and measuring Resident progress within the program.
· Compile data reports for annual reporting.
· Lead logistical aspects for eight professional sessions per year, including travel, food and beverage, lodging and meeting space.
· Coordinate the dissemination of materials via the online learning management system.
· Own relationships with vendors and external partners to provide high-quality service within budget parameters.
· Process contracts and invoices.
· Lead on-site tactical meetings and determine operational needs.
· Analyze qualitative survey data related to the quality of professional development sessions; leverage insights for programmatic adjustments.
Process and Project Management
· Use Salesforce to create and manage custom web portals (staff advisor portal, coaching portal, homework portals, etc.), and other technologies to drive processes that are both high volume and highly customized.
· Manage, improve and create systems to improve internal operations and external communication with Residents.
· Collaborate with technology staff and consultants to design and improve technology systems to increase the efficiency of the Residency’s work. Document processes accordingly.
· Work as part of a team to support operations across The Broad Center sub- teams.
· Perform other duties as required to ensure The Broad Center achieves its mission.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Bachelor’s degree
· A passion for and demonstrated commitment to transforming K-12 public education; experience working in a school district, charter management
organization or state department of education a plus;
· Demonstrates a growth mindset, is highly responsive to feedback, and constantly seeks new learning opportunities
· Demonstrated appetite for further developing and refining data management, event management, process/project management skills
· At least two years of full-time work experience, preferred experience in event planning or in an operational or administrative role;
· Driven to create systems and continuously improve processes;
· Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment; proven track record of producing high-quality deliverables on time;
· Demonstrated interest in using technology and an ability to learn new systems quickly;
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong organization skills; excellent attention to detail;
· Competence and comfort managing data;
· Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook; experience with Salesforce (or similar systems for data management and workflow automation) is a plus;
· Ambition and initiative to advance The Broad Residency’s work;
· Sense of humor and collaborative spirit;
· Must love food adventures;
· The ability to occasionally and comfortably lift up to 20 pounds;
· The ability to commit to ~15-20 percent travel; some weekends and non-traditional hours during programmatic events.
Employment is contingent upon a thorough background and reference check. You must be legally entitled to work in the United States.
The Broad Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.
The Broad Center is committed to providing equal access and opportunities to candidates with legally recognizable disabilities. We will make our best effort to provide reasonable accommodations at every stage of the application process. Disclosing a disability or requesting a need for accommodations is a separate and distinct process from selection and will have no bearing on a candidate’s application status. If you need to request an accommodation or have any questions regarding our disability accommodations policy, please send an email to DAO@broadcenter.org.
Minimum Education Required