Details: Salary commensurate with experience
Recognizing that vibrant media and compelling storytelling are critical for an equitable civil society and thriving democracy, Media Impact Funders acts as a catalyst to inform, engage and advance the work of a broad range of funders committed to effective use of media.
We are seeking a development and membership director responsible for both raising funds and managing grants and membership contributions from foundations, corporations and individual philanthropists to support the mission, goals and programs of MIF.
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Philadelphia, PA
· Work closely with the Executive Director and Board leadership to develop a strategic resource development plan that maximizes income from foundations, individual philanthropists, corporations and other potential donors as appropriate and meets MIF’s financial needs.
· Participate as a member of the executive team, communicating resource development goals and objectives, and seeking opportunities for synergy with organizational strategies to advance MIF’s mission and goals.
· Develop annual fundraising budgets, prepare and monitor income projections, progress reports and long-range forecasts.
· Identify, cultivate, solicit and secure funding primarily from foundations, and also corporations and individual philanthropists. Maintain contact with current and prospective donors and members.
· With the executive director, establish goals and priorities and track multiple projects and deadlines.
· Conduct prospect research to identify and prioritize potential funders.
· Take the lead as principal writer on all proposals, reports, and other correspondence for submission to foundation, corporate, and government funders. Develop content for grant proposals and program budgets both independently and in collaboration with senior staff. Prepare budgets and financial reports for all proposals.
· Prepare additional written development related materials including letters of inquiry, interim and final reports, acknowledgements, and all other forms of correspondence with donors.
· Create and maintain a grants management and tracking program and database, maintaining a grant activity calendar.
· Maintain and develop new contacts with current and prospective funders and build the involvement of the Executive Director and Board members in the solicitation and donor stewardship processes.
· Direct and implement: prospect research, development of proposals and appeals, reports to funders, and donor acknowledgements.
· Oversee the implementation of data management systems and fundraising records for all fundraising activities.
· A passion for the mission of Media Impact Funders.
· At least five years fundraising experience with a proven track record of obtaining funding from foundations. Corporate and major gifts success a plus.
· Excellent writing skills, research skills, solid grants management and reporting experience.
· Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others to produce strategic, compelling funding proposals which result in financial support.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to communicate technical complexities with clarity and simplicity.
· Experience working with and supporting a Board of Directors in regard to fundraising.
· A quick learner, resourceful, flexible and intellectually curious.
· Track record in managing multiple tasks, details and deadlines.
· Strong planning, organization and time management skills.
· Strong computer skills with expertise in MS Office Suite and database development and management.
Full health and dental benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required