AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Orion Center, the Program Manager - Engagement Services will oversee and coordinate all aspects of outreach programming for young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people. This includes street outreach, community-based outreach, under 18 case management, housing navigation, and on-site drop-in center.
· Build, maintain, and lead a high functioning cohesive team. Supervise Case Managers and the Drop-In Supervisor (5-6 FTE). This includes training, scheduling, evaluation, hiring, coaching, and developing them
· Act as a resource and effectively perform the coordination and administrative function of their role including – staff scheduling, front desk coverage, meals, and engagement activities
· Oversee program deliverables and results. Accountable to regulatory and funder requirements, support programs to ensure compliance.
· Lead programmatic visioning and implementation of Drop-In services. Align drop-in center, outreach and case management programming with community needs and funder/contract expectations.
· Facilitate/Lead wrap-around meetings, Restorative Justice or program re-entry procedures, de-escalation/conflict resolution and other processes for young people who are suspended from services due to unsafe behavior or challenges in the milieu.
· Serve as a program contact for CEA. Coordinate the housing assessment schedule, oversee the call back process, maintain weekly communication with CEA staff, and communicate changes in CEA to staff at the Orion Center.
· Facilitate and train CEA Assessors as the agencies internal T3 CEA Assessor
· Oversee the Orion Center’s response to runaway young people ages 12-17. This includes stringent tracking, adhering to state laws regarding notification under the Becca Bill as well as safety planning, family mediation, working closely with caregivers and DSHS Social Workers, facilitating placements at adolescent emergency shelters or otherwise working to get minors off the street and into a safer environment.
· Oversee grant implementation and reporting for case management and drop-in funding including data collection, reporting and other compliance requirements.
· Ensure young peoples’ linkages to case management, education, and employment programming as well as access to shelters and other community resources.
· Build and maintain referral connections with social services and other community institutions. Ensure staff familiarity with available resources. Coordinate with community partners & volunteers to provide enrichment activities on the drop-in floor.
· Submit on-time accurate reports required by funders and the agency. Attend all funder and agency-required meetings and represent YouthCare on panels, committees and workgroups as needed.
· Work with the Director of Engagement Services to ensure program budget compliance.
· Coordinate with Orion Operations Manager and Drop-In Supervisor for ordering drop-in center supplies.
· Oversee special events including client holiday parties/dances, Count Us In (annual point in time count of young people experiencing housing instability), Youth Advocacy events & resource fairs. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
· Participate in the hire and supervision of staff, ensuring clear understanding of job requirements and obligations.
· Provide consultation for all YouthCare team members including Program Managers, and agency team members directly responsible for delivering services and supports across all YouthCare and partner agency sites.
· Provide supervision and support to college-level interns and practicum students; including partnering with educational institutions and attending trainings as required.
· Set solid, attainable goals and hold performance reviews against these goals, encouraging learning and educational opportunities, both professionally and personally.
· Complete performance reviews for all direct reports in a timely manner.
SPECIFIC PROGRAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Prepare for internal and external audits.
· Review employee case notes and case management documentation and file completion
· Ensure accurate data in internal and external data collection systems
· Oversee Orion Center case manager services referral process
· Assign clients to case managers by using internal and external referrals
· Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
· Develop training strategies for staff to effectively work with youth and young adults
· Prepare reports, as required
· Establish and maintain effective relationships with relevant entities, including families, schools, homeless agencies, and public service groups.
· Perform other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
SAFETY MANAGEMENT AND CRISIS RESPONSE
· Provide consultation and support in assessing potential emergency situations impacting client services and staffing.
· Communicate effectively to teams across agency in times of crisis. Interact as needed with outside parties such as the police department, child protection, neighbors, and others in a professional manner. Lead staff and volunteer team debriefs of incidents. Attend to signs to secondary trauma of staff and volunteers.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
· 5 or more years of experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
· Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
· Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Social Service or relevant field
· 8 or more years of experience working with young people experiencing homelessness and runaway young people.
· Bilingual Spanish/English speaking ability
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Must be able to provide I-9 supporting documentation for employment.
· Must possess a valid WA State Driver’s License and have the ability to drive.
AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people have the opportunity to thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial…
YouthCare provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), vacation, paid holidays, and sick leave after successful completion of the 90-day Introductory Period.
YouthCare provides a competitive benefits package to full time employees including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k…