5301 Stevens Creek Blvd.
PO Box 58059; MS55L-WO
Ignited is expanding our program portfolio to connect more teachers to more real-world experiences. We seek an energetic and enthusiastic Development Associate to work closely with our leadership team as we continue building relationships with new partners and piloting new programs. This role has the potential to expand in scope and responsibility over a short period of time.
We are inspiring the next generation of innovators. Ignited is a nonprofit that believes teachers are essential change agents within our education system. We offer training, tools, and experiential learning to STEM educators so they can transform curriculum, engage their classes, and excite their students. Ignited Teachers have reached over 3 million students and we have ambitious plans for the future.
At Ignited we are:
- Passionate - we care about our work, our community, and about each other
- Authentic - we believe in the power of teachers to change lives
- Growth-oriented - we thrive helping teachers, students, and colleagues learn and grow
- Data-driven - we recognize the importance of testing hypotheses and measuring performance
- Entrepreneurial - we embrace ambiguity and constantly look for opportunities for impact
The Development Associate will support a range of initiatives such as:
- Account Management - own relationships with a set of corporate/foundation partners
- Stewardship - work with CEO and development director to nurture new relationships
- Grants - support team with research, writing, applications, and reporting outcomes
- Marketing & Social Media - develop strategy to leverage new brand, manage execution
- Event Management - coordinate with external vendors, event planning and execution
- Program Development - support team with pilots and implementation of new programs
The Ideal Candidate
You are passionate about education and Ignited’s mission to inspire the next generation of innovators. You are a people person who enjoys interacting with a wide variety of partners. You have a natural curiosity to understand how things work, you ask good questions, you are able to think through plans before launching into action. You love working with smart, highly motivated colleagues and being part of a nonprofit with significant growth potential. You are a proactive problem solver with a bias for action who loves challenges and finding creative ways to get things done.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, creative thinking, and problem solving
- Strong oral communication skills and writing skills including editing for content, style, grammar
- Ability to work independently to complete projects on a deadline
- Natural inclination to maintain a goal-oriented, positive attitude and be an effective team player
- Demonstrated experience creating high quality content for presentations and media campaigns
- Strong personal computer skills including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Salesforce; proficiency in WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign, or Access a plus
- 2+ years fundraising, business development or sales; account management experience a plus
- Knowledge of the public education system and industry-education issues a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- Ability to attend occasional early morning, evening, and weekend meetings or special events
Term, Hours, Location and Salary
This is a full-time, exempt position based at the Ignited office at Agilent Technologies in Santa Clara, California. All employees are subject to the policies and procedures listed in the Ignited Employee Handbook. Salary is competitive, based on qualifications and potential contributions to Ignited. Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, PTO and the option to participate in our 401(k) plan. Ignited is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, check out our website: http://www.igniteducation.org/
For consideration, send resume with cover letter to: email@example.com