PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for accounting, purchasing, human resources, and office operations to ensure viability of all programs and to ensure compliance with all requirements for audits, grants and contracts for Meals on Wheels of Asheville & Buncombe County, Inc. Maintains formal accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate preparation and distribution of financial and operational reports.
- Manage all accounting functions using computerized financial systems to maintain accurate and necessary information for day-to-day control and reporting to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger.
- Manage checking and saving accounts. Prepare checks for signature authorization, reconcile monthly and transfer funds as needed. Prepare and make bank deposits.
- Develop and maintain financial reports for Executive Director and Board of Directors to monitor the budget/plan.
- Monitor all funding source budgets to meet contract agreements.
- Manage voluntary consumer contributions income from home delivered programs in compliance with Home and Community Care Block Grant guidelines. Account for all CAP receivables as well as cash receipts from MOW clients.
- Serve as liaison for the year-end audit and assist auditors in completion of the audit and Form 990.
- Perform all functions related to payroll, including accurate employee records for time, travel, vacation leave, sick leave and taxes.
- Coordinate and oversee information systems used in the agency.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations in the office and maintain office supplies.
- Staff Board Committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business, Public Administration or closely related field or industry.
- Experience working with a not-for-profit a plus.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong financial management skills; ability to manage complex budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all constituencies.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work based on the non-profit’s needs and priorities.
- Ability to serve as a source of knowledge, expertise and support to staff, volunteers, etc.
- Verifiable computer knowledge: ability to use MS Windows, MS Word, MS Excel; email; QuickBooks accounting software; and other technology as appropriate.
- Must be bondable.
- Assist with meal delivery as needed.
Please send resume and a cover letter addressing relevant experience and interest in the position to Debbie Sprouse at email@example.com.