The ideal candidate for the Community Impact Coordinator (CIC) is someone with experience as a Community Organizer and/or a Case Manager for under-served populations who wants to apply those skills towards the work of an adult education organization. The role of the CIC is to manage and recruit mentors from the community to support workforce training for LCMC students. This position will also help LCMC expand further into Prince George’s County by establishing partnerships with programs that will host GED classes and/or supply volunteer educators to help teach students in those communities in Prince George’s.
- Manage Community Coaches (mentors) Program to support students employment goals
- Participate in outreach, enrollment, and orientation activities for GED and Workforce Development students with a special focus on Prince George’s County.
- Develop a referral and tracking system for learners seeking employment
- Develop and maintain a database of community resources for students seeking employment.
- Identify and document student employment goals and provide resources that address barriers to achieve those goals.
- Assist and follow up with outreach to potential job partners for students.
- Support Director of Community Impact to establish and maintain relationships as established with community partners to identify opportunities for LCMC students
- Attend local and state meetings as necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Environment & Benefits
- LCMC is a diverse and inclusive organization whose work is rooted in equity and social justice.
- Primary hours to be scheduled within LCMC operating hours but will include some evenings and weekends.
- LCMC offices located in Rockville and Wheaton with satellite services offered throughout Montgomery and Prince George's counties.
- Company paid health and dental insurance, ample paid holidays, and retirement matching.
Work Experience Requirements
- 2-3 years experience community organizing and/or case management
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with community members from diverse backgrounds and a commitment to culturally diverse work environment
- Fluent in Google applications & MS Office
- Have good internet access
- Multi-tasking ability and attention to detail
- Work independently while being a collaborative and communicative team player
- Have a working vehicle.
The following physical activities are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations:
- The person in this position needs to regularly move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Will be required to occasionally lift and transport boxes and other materials (not more than 25 lbs).
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g., copier, fax machine).
- Must have vision correctable to a level where an individual can operate a computer; visualize text on a computer monitor.