The Enrollment and Communications Director supports the Waldorf School of Louisville in fulfilling its mission by effectively recruiting and retaining families who are inspired by, and engaged in Waldorf education. This position develops and implements outreach, recruitment, and admissions with a mission of healthy enrollment for the institution. The Enrollment Director is responsible for ensuring consistent, warm, and welcoming connection with each prospective family throughout the enrollment process.
Additionally, this position serves as a Communications Coordinator and works closely with both the faculty and families to encourage a positive flow of communication. The ECD is the first point of contact for potential and current families, and facilitates a dialogue between parents, Teaching and Administrative faculty and board members.
The ECD will join a small, creative and highly collaborative Administrative Faculty, will work in close collaboration with the Teaching Faculty and BOT.
Admissions and Enrollment
- As the initial and main point of contact, build and maintain a strong relationship between the school and prospective families and outside vendors
- Develop and implement a long-range Enrollment Strategic Plan to increase enrollment with qualified students by evaluating trends; using data to establish critical measurements; reviewing and designing new systems and processes; outreach to prospective families; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change
- Shepherd prospective families through the enrollment process including fielding inquiries, coordinating school visits, communicating Variable Tuition process and collaborating with Teaching Faculty until an enrollment is completed
- Work closely with the Teaching and Administrative Faculty to ensure the Waldorf pedagogy and philosophy is reflected throughout the admissions funnel
- Collaborate with the Business Office regarding Variable Tuition models and parent meetings.
- Lead outreach and admissions activities to provide prospective families with accurate information about WSL and to encourage them to take the next step of applying for admission. Review and modify admissions activities to achieve this goal
- Develop a base of feeder schools through cultivated relationships
Communications and Advocacy
- Responsible for all outward facing communication and serves as the voice of the institution when communicating via community wide emails, town-halls, and other parent education and engagement opportunities.
- Serves as the first point of contact for incoming and current parents,
- Serves as the Parent Advocate if a question or concern may arise and support from the Institution is needed. Ensure that the Concern is shepherded through a path to resolution.
- Maintains Parent Handbooks
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Enthusiasm for Waldorf's mission and commitment to WSL’s values
- Strong desire for continuous growth and improvement on an individual and organizational level
- 3+ years of professional experience in enrollment preferred
- Excellent and proven project management skills, with the ability to stay organized, anticipate needs, and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to build relationships with diverse audiences, and communicate in a clear, compelling, and diplomatic way
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required