250 Columbus Avenue
On Your Feet Foundation California is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers women of adopted children, also referred to as birth or first mothers, to define their own paths to wellness and success. Our services help heal the after-effects of placement, not only by supporting and empowering birthmothers, but also by uniting them through community-building events. OYFF provides birthmothers the tools they need to pursue fulfillment, peace, and healing in their lives. OYFF is comprised of a dedicated staff supported by an equally dedicated board of directors dedicated to ensuring our clients not only continue to reach their goals, but become leaders in the community as well. We are a small nonprofit, but offer paid time off and a week of paid winter holiday vacation to all our employees. Employees also enjoy a fairly flexible schedule with the option to occasionally work remotely. We are located in a shared office in a well-kept building in the best block of beautiful North Beach. Our work environment is supportive and positive.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-initiating Program Director. The OYFF Program Director reports to the Executive Director and works together with the Program Assistant to create and oversee OYFF programs to clients. The Program Director is responsible for planning OYFF Client Retreats, coordinating the Education/Vocation grant program and Counseling Grant programs, and implementing the OYFF Empowerment Initiatives. Additionally, the Program Director completes all client intakes and works with the Program Assistant to track client data. The Program Director assistants with fundraising events, attends board meetings and outreach activities and meetings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
On Your Feet Foundation’s Program Director performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to:
- Organize and implement the delivery of OYFF’s programs and activities, including client retreats and client events, in alignment with OYFF’s mission and goals
- Develop and implement goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of OYFF’s client programs
- Develop an annual program budget and operating plan, including quantifiable goals, to support the program
- Continue collection of program evaluations to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Plan and implement outreach and referral program to women-based community organizations.
- Evaluate therapists for client referral
- Ensure that client files for the program are properly maintained and kept confidential
- Establish and implement a performance management process for all program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
- Write reports on the program for board meetings
- Ensure that the program operates within the approved budget
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework
- Report evaluation findings to the Executive Director and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- BA in psychology, social work, or other related degree. MFT, MSW, or LCSW preferred.
- Experience with adoption or foster care, and/or marginalized women preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience in a related field
- Spanish proficiency a plus
- Knowledge of program management
- Program Director works 20 hours/week with some evenings and weekends for board meetings and program activities.
Holiday Pay and Vacation Pay.
Level of Language Proficiency
English, Spanish a plus.
Minimum Education Required