6532 Phinney Avenue N
The PNA seeks a dynamic Program Director whose experience and philosophy closely align with the PNA’s mission and values. The Program Director oversees the direction, success, and sustainability of a number of long-established community programs, including the PNA's tool library, hot meal program, art gallery program, a core of educational offerings taught by local experts, and outreach events such as Día de los Muertos, semi-annual book exchanges, and more. In addition, the Program Director is the liaison with the Neighborhood Farmers Market Alliance to the Phinney Farmers Market; supports the PNA’s four cooperative preschools; and acts as a point person for “new stuff,” ensuring that the PNA remains a leading source of programming innovation and community support in our region.
The Program Director reports to the Executive Director and, as a member of the organization’s leadership team, is involved in implementing strategic goals, shaping organization direction, and policy development. The Program Director will supervise a team of three part-time staff and join a deeply committed and spirited staff and Board that are dedicated to building a strong community.
- Oversee the direction, success, and sustainability of community programming and outreach events.
- Provide supervision, management and overall direction for three core program staff.
- Participate on the organization’s leadership team, be involved in developing and implementing strategic goals and shaping organizational direction.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets for community programs and events.
- Work closely with community partners such as the Neighborhood Farmers Market Alliance, the City of Seattle, Food Lifeline, and many local businesses; explore new community partnerships.
- Work with staff, board and community volunteers in the development of new programs.
- Three or more years of experience managing a diverse portfolio of programs in a nonprofit setting.
- Two or more years of experience leading and developing teams of staff and/or volunteers.
- Two or more years of experience in financial management and budgeting.
- Passion for the community building mission of the PNA.
- Proven track record for building strong partnerships within the community, and developing positive and respectful relationships.
- Experience and interest in collaborative leadership and the ability to inspire and foster goodwill.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to listen and accurately understand, make informed decisions, and earn the trust of a wide variety of people.
- Personal commitment to creating a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset a plus.
- Ability to work in a very active and open office environment and to work outside of normal business hours on a semi-regular basis.
- Computer proficiency with extensive experience using Word, Excel, Outlook and other software as required; experience with Salesforce a plus.
Work schedule is flexible. The position requires semi-regular work outside of normal business hours.
The PNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer working towards a culturally-diverse work place. Applicants representing the diversity of our community are encouraged to apply.
Benefits include: health insurance; 401(k) plan with 2% employer match; long‐term disability insurance; a flexible spending account; self-paid Aflac products; a free PNA household membership with reduced costs for classes and room rentals; 3 weeks personal time off the first year, increasing annually; Christmas Eve – New Year’s Day off; and 8 paid holidays (total paid time off first year: 5.5 weeks). We offer a convivial, positive, and flexible working environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter indicating your interest, how you meet the minimum qualifications, and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled and preference will be given to candidates who apply by August 20, 2018 at 5 pm.
Questions can be directed to Lee Harper, Executive Director, at email@example.com