The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW: Integrated Data Team
Program Mission, Scope and Tasks
The Integrated Data Team (IDT) applies analytical skills to leadership, policy, program management and public health communication challenges. The mission of the Integrated Data Team (IDT) is to identify, synthesize and integrate public health data to inform emergency response and promote health equity. Using data from multiple stakeholders, we coordinate with data owners, community organizations and City leadership to solve complex problems, build consensus and improve pandemic response. We make sure decision makers, community organizations and the public have access to meaningful, timely data.
In a typical 7 day week, the IDT team will:
· Coordinate data sharing with other agencies and external partners
· Respond promptly to City Hall, Commissioner of Health and other leadership under the direction of the Incident Commander to inform data driven decision making
· Communicate data and public health information in accessible ways for diverse audiences
· Lead strategic integrated data initiatives by cultivating data sources and leveraging data visualization, GIS, statistics and epidemiology skills from IDT and other agency analysts
· Curate scientific literature with the Principal Scientific Advisor (PSA) and develop background briefings for the Incident Commander
Reporting to IDT, the Tableau Manager will direct the Viz Team, 3-4 analysts who create, maintain, and automate compelling dashboards for City leadership. These dashboards will cover COVID-19 impacts and trends citywide and within vulnerable groups. The Viz Team will also support other IDT teams to build more responsive, innovative and insightful dashboards. While many of these dashboards will be in Tableau, the team will also leverage Data Wrapper, R, SAS, SQL, etc to produce or automate data. The Tableau Manager must direct all players to ensure timely, accurate dashboards while cultivating new relationships with data partners. He/she will coordinate IT relationships and escalate any interruptions in service. Depending on skill level and interest, we may also expand this person’s role to fulfill certain Tableau Admin responsibilities.
The Tableau Manager is responsible for the look, feel, and flow of the dashboards that the team produces. He/she must ensure the team has solicited feedback from relevant stakeholders and done appropriate quality assurance. The Tableau Manager should be able to demonstrate design expertise, leveraging human centered design concepts to make complex data insights accessible. The Tableau Manager will also help team members design the back end data for data owners and partners to populate. Pulling together a successful visualization requires deep understanding of underlying data and how to organize information visually for end users. The ideal candidate will bring expert communication skills, deft leadership and keen data curiosity to this role.
· Manage a team of three dashboard analyst developers and a SQL data analyst to create clear, clean and statistically rigorous dashboards to support pandemic response
· Provide technical design leadership to front-end data visualizations for a wide range of audiences
· Direct data refresh processes, automation and quality assurance for the data and dashboards that the Viz team touches
· Refine Tableau Server governance and automation protocols aligned w/refresh needs and IT standards
· Oversee management and manipulation of large, complex, uncleaned, and constantly changing data sets and databases
· Build visualization capacity across teams through training and skills development in Tableau and associated platforms
· Identify and escalate system capacity related issues (storage, licenses, performance threshold) when appropriate
· Leverage strong presentation skills to communicate with a wide range of audiences
· Experience managing a data team, delegating tasks and conducting quality control
· Proven track record and professional experience in Tableau (desktop and server)
· Ability to manage data automation using Tableau Prep, SQL, Python, SAS, or R
· Ability to produce high quality data visualizations and data products (e.g. reports and dashboards)
· Strong data management, communication, and quality assurance skills
· Experience producing analytic deliverables in high-pressure contexts
· Preferred experience: Interpreting, analyzing, and drawing conclusions from epidemiological and other public health or publicly sourced data
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The salary for this position is $51 - $94 hourly and is commensurate with experience.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…