Company Description: For the last 16 years, the Voter Participation Center (VPC), a 501(c)(3) civic engagement organization, has led the way in recognizing and harnessing the potential power of the Rising American Electorate –unmarried women, people of color, and young people – as a vital voting bloc. VPC has positioned itself as the leading experimental and scientific civic engagement organization by accumulating more than a decade’s worth of knowledge and experience in registering and turning out the new majority of eligible voters. VPC’s programs have consistently proven to be some of the most impactful and cost-effective programs—and to date VPC has registered almost 4 million Americans to vote. VPC continues to innovate with its approach and techniques to impact greater civic engagement, registration, and turnout.
The Center for Voter Information (CVI) is a separate but affiliated progressive 501(c)(4) nonprofit that works to engage and persuade both the RAE as well as the broader electorate.
Position Description: The VPC and CVI seek an experienced, talented individual to join our team as the Administrative Manager in our Washington, DC office. The Administrative Manager will be the owner of all administrative functions of the office and directly support the CEO and the President with scheduling, prep, and other principal management duties. They will also serve as the general receptionist and handle office administration functions, such as basic IT, ordering office supplies, and facilities liaison. This is a great opportunity for a details-oriented, proactive individual to serve in a critical role in principal management and office management. This position reports directly to the CEO.
· Scheduling: Manage scheduling for both the CEO and the President. Drive strategic scheduling meetings, handle correspondence regarding meeting requests, and ensure schedule is reflective of principals’ priorities.
· Principals Support: Ensure the CEO and the President are adequately prepared for meetings, including developing/obtaining itineraries, agendas, and advance materials; ensure meeting logistics and tech for webinars and conference calls are smooth.
· Document Management: assist in generating the CEO and the President’s meeting packets, documents, and presentations as appropriate; produce memos, briefings, agendas, and other supplemental materials as assigned; print materials for meetings as needed.
· Administrative Support: Maintain the CEO and the President’s organizational and personal contact lists and office files; book travel; maintain and reconcile credit card expenses; various tasks such as data entry and logistics coordination as needed and assigned.
· Office Administration: Overall management of office facilities and liaison with building management; assist with basic IT functions for onboarding new staff; order and maintain office supplies and equipment; maintain office calendar to reflect upcoming meetings, events, and deadlines
· Office Events & Reception: Coordinate logistics for in-office receptions and briefings; welcome visitors; answer phone lines; receive mail; keep public areas organized and presentable.
Skills/Qualifications: 1-3 years relevant experience desired. Strongly prefer candidates with experience on the Hill, campaigns, or nonprofit organizations. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is flexible and comfortable dealing with evolving and competing priorities. Attention to detail, level-headedness, a pleasant attitude, a high degree of discretion, and good judgment are critical requirements. A broad base of administrative skills, familiarity with presentation software and scheduling protocols, and a strong level of computer proficiency are required.
VPC/CVI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We strongly value the leadership of people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and other traditionally marginalized communities, and encourage diverse candidates to apply.
Company Description: For the last 16 years, the Voter Participation Center (VPC), a 501(c)(3) civic engagement organization, has led the way in recognizing and harnessing the potential power of the Rising American Electorate –unmarried women…
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. To apply, email resume, cover letter and at least two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. References are not contacted until you are notified.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. To apply, email resume, cover letter and at least two professional references to email@example.com…