Details: Medical and Retirement Benefits
1835 S. Hope Street
Full-Time (Tuesday-Saturday Schedule)
Medical and Retirement Benefits
St. Francis Center seeks a volunteer coordinator to facilitate the organization’s growing community engagement efforts. We are seeking an outgoing team member who is highly organized and an excellent verbal communicator.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Scheduling the appropriate number of volunteer for various programs
- Maintaining awareness of program needs through communication with Development Director and Programs Manager;
- Responding to volunteer inquiries in a timely and professional manner;
- Promptly and accurately maintaining a real-time schedule through Google Calendar.
Communicating the SFC mission and expectations to volunteers
- Greeting, shepherding and reflecting with volunteer groups and individuals;
- Updating volunteer-related material on site, online, in the community, and on voicemail;
- Soliciting involvement and coordinating regular communication with community partners
Cultivate volunteers to become financial and/or in-kind supporters
- Working with social, civic and local organizations to develop partnerships to engage volunteers;
- Collecting and managing the entry of volunteer applications and sign-in sheets;
- Assisting with the sending of volunteer correspondence;
- Assisting with volunteer recognition events and awards.
Assisting and directing volunteers in direct program services.
Effective communicator (written and verbal), outgoing and enthusiastic, detail-oriented, professional, multi-tasker, organized, ability to lead and instruct, analytical, compassionate toward guests served through programs and volunteers, proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and G Suite, donor management software experience is a plus, bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter explaining why you feel you are an ideal candidate for this position along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will carefully consider your application and contact you should we decide to move forward with the interviewing process.