965 Mass. Ave.
The HR Assistant is responsible for maintaining, updating and reporting on all Human Resources information under the direction of the CHRO. The HR Assistant provides customer service to agency staff and prepares reports and documents for Human Resources Department as well as provides support to the Senior Management team. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detailed oriented with a great sense of follow through and excellent people skills.
Typical functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains complete and up-to-date employee personnel records and files
- Orientates new employees to agency policies, procedures, benefits and employee identification.
- Verifies and maintains I-9 documentation.
- Maintains accurate HRIS records and compiles timely reports from database.
- Administer and maintain accurate and current online benefits system.
- Respond to routine HR and benefits related questions, serve as the first point of contact for all employees.
- Prepares weekly payroll updates
- Reconciles monthly fringe benefit invoices to assure proper coverage/billing and timely payments.
- Complies with government regulations including COBRA administration, EEOC and all other employment related laws and agency policies.
- Responsible for UI online system and UI claims submission
- Produce HR Newsletter quarterly
- Provides agency wide CPR and First Aid Training, assists with New Employee Orientation.
- Receptionist back-up.
- Associates or Bachelors degree is preferred.
- One to two years of experience in the HR field or working in an office environment.
- Prior experience with an HRIS database preferred
- Detail orientated and able to prioritize and plan work activities to use time efficiently.
- Must be dependable, able to follow instruction and respond to management direction.
- Proficient computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employee, members of the HR team, and in group presentations and meeting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to become agency wide CPR/First Aid Trainer within 6 months of employment.
- Full-time position: Monday-Friday (40 hrs/week) 9.30am-5.30pm
Victory Programs operates 19 innovative health, housing and prevention programs throughout Greater Boston, Cambridge and Topsfield. Every year we help more than 2,400 individuals and families break down barriers to a brighter future. Our programs serve people who are facing homelessness, drug and alcohol addiction, mental illness or chronic illnesses like HIV/AIDS and provide them with the tools needed to support healthy, self-sufficient lives.
We have a generous and valued benefit program which includes a 75% health and 25% dental employer premium contribution, 100% employer paid disability and life insurances, 19 vacation days , 4 personal days and 10 sick days, 9 paid holidays, tuition remission, and a retirement savings opportunity.
Minimum Education Required