Full Time Contract
Details: Salary based on years of experience, education and certification.
100 Gallatin St. NE
We are seeking passionate professionals to be a part of our initiative to build an excellent inclusive preschool and elementary school community. Bridges mission is to provide an exemplary educational program that includes students with special needs. Our developmentally appropriate, student and family-centered educational approach nurtures students to expand their developmental skills, in order to build a foundation for life-long learning. Bridges Public Charter School serves students in grade Pre-K3 to 5th grade. The school’s student population is: 60 % low-income, 30% students with special needs and 42% English as a Second Language Learners.
Bridges PCS is a multicultural program; we are looking to hire individuals of diverse backgrounds to join our school staff to reflect the multicultural demographics of the students we serve.
TO APPLY YOU MUST GO TO THIS WEBSITE: https://bridges.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
START DATE: August 6, 2018
Learn more about our school by viewing our website and this short film: http://bridgespcs.org/
QUALIFICATIONS :The ideal candidate will:
· Be “highly qualified” and have: a BA and passing score on state required test for Elementary grade level instruction; a BA and certification for Elementary Grade Level Instruction; a Masters in Early Childhood or Elementary School Education; or a Masters and certification.
· Have 1 – 2 years of successful classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting. 2 or more years of teaching experience is preferred.
· Be a strong classroom manager.
· Be an effective planner of standards-based units and lessons that include differentiated instruction.
· Have experience with data-driven instruction.
· Be committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population that includes students with special needs.
· Have a track record of being a team player and community minded.
· Have interest in learning about and incorporating the Project Approach and Art Integration.
· Be committed to their own learning.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE :
· Planning and teaching all core subjects (reading, math, science, social studies).
· Developing meaningful learning expeditions and projects.
· Assessing student progress regularly and using data to plan for instruction.
· Collaborating and co-teaching with an Inclusion teacher, ELL teacher and Assistant Teacher or Teaching Fellow.
· Creating a classroom culture and environment practicing Responsive Classroom techniques.
· Engaging parents and families in their student’s learning and acting as an ambassador for the school in the community.
· Contributing productively to the school as a whole.
· Attending and participating in school events outside of regular school hours.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on experience and qualifications. Bridges is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To ensure safety for all students, all staff members will be fingerprinted and background checks will be conducted on all school staff prior to their service as employees. Bridges is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate all applicants without unlawful consideration of race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Spanish-speakers and persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply
Health benefits (medical & dental), disability insurance, and a retirement plan: 401-(k) or the continuation of the DCPS retirement plan. Personal / sick days.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must speak and write English. Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
Minimum Education Required