New York City Wine & Food Festival Temporary Volunteer Production Associate (August1st-October 31st)
- Job posted by Food Bank For New York City
Details: $1500 per month stipend for this short term assignment
Title: New York City Wine & Food Festival Temporary Volunteer Production Associate (August- 1st- October 31st)
Department: Engagement & Strategic Partnerships/ New York City Wine and Food Festival
Reports to: NYCWFF Volunteer Event Manager
Who We Are:
To learn about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
Food Bank’s External Relations department is responsible for developing and managing the organization’s relationships with the general public as well as individual and institutional donors. Success in this department involves assisting key donors and partners in the deepening of their leadership and giving with the organization relied on by the most vulnerable citizens of New York City. From celebrities to individuals, Food Bank’s partners assist the organization in its mission to serve 1 out of every 5 New Yorkers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Temporary Production Associate Contractor will be primarily responsible for supporting the VOLUNTEER PROGRAM of the NYCWFF including but not limited to the below items:
Recruiting & Retention
- Recruit approximately 200 new volunteers from across New York City and surrounding areas through various volunteer websites, existing relationships, organizations, speaking engagements and/or canvassing campaigns on a weekly basis
- Responsible for participating in volunteer outreach, including postings on external recruitment sites.
- Assist with the creation of new initiatives to recruit, recognize, and retain volunteers/
- Executes volunteer recruitment, retention, and recognition strategies.
- Create and maintain volunteer tracking records and statistics using Food Bank’s volunteer database.
- Work collaboratively to finalize volunteer quantities, roles and responsibilities.
- Update all volunteer data, including attendance, impact numbers, and volunteer hours.
- Assist with volunteer concerns or issues.
- Assist with monitoring and ensuring volunteer a great volunteer experience.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries via phone, email or in person.
- Provide support to the Volunteer Engagement Team.
- Attend meetings and trainings and participate in conference calls as required during the months of August, September and October.
- Lead and assist with the set-up of the onsite check-in system (Eventbrite).
- Assist with wrap-up preparation and reporting.
- Produce NYCWFF Volunteer Production report.
- Support the recruitment of 2500 volunteers to participate in NYCWFF.
- Consistently engage 2-3 new groups per week (i.e. hospitality management groups).
- On-Site volunteer management from (Monday, October 9th – Sunday, October 15th) including but not limited to, registering 300 volunteers at a time, guiding groups of 25-50 volunteers to their shift location, providing hourly check-in updates, and monitoring communications (phone and email).
- Documentation of ongoing meetings, work products, challenges and evaluation
- Weekly report.
- Close-out report after project.
- Must maintain a positive and professional demeanor and business acumen at all times. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail needed.
- The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles- experience with volunteers preferred
- Strong experience with database management, experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required