450 Lexington Avenue
Everytown for Gun Safety is hiring a talented digital writing and production associate in our New York City office to assist with the organization’s sophisticated, growing digital program and to help provide strategy and execution across several grassroots campaigns. We’re looking for an energetic, entrepreneurial campaigner who is ready to invest in building a massive set of digital campaign skills and help fight to reduce gun violence in this country.
- Lead online campaigns to support Everytown's political and legislative agenda in states around the country.
- Work across channels -- including email, social, SMS and more -- to drive offline impact in high priority political fights.
- Write and produce content for online actions under tight deadlines, including drafting copy for emails, web pages, social media, video scripts and related collateral.
- Coordinate with members of the State Affairs, Political, Organizing, and Communications teams to maintain a digital campaign calendar and manage all related support processes.
- Produce and checklist mass mailing emails and associated action pages.
- Report and analyze grassroots campaign results and integrate findings in future campaigns.
- 2-3 years of communications or digital work for political campaigns or non-profit advocacy groups.
- Exceptional writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with HTML for email and landing pages.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize policy and legislative materials into compelling copy that will drive grassroots action.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, campaign-like environment within a growing, diverse team with unpredictable hours.
- Preference given to those that have familiarity with mass emailing software. Knowledge of ActionKit is a plus.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled. Please attach a thoughtful cover letter with salary requirements and resume below. Please label your materials with your full name. You can also you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach materials.
<blockquote>Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.</blockquote>
Everytown for Gun Safety is a movement of Americans fighting for common-sense policies that will reduce gun violence and save lives. Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with more than three million supporters and more than 125,000 donors. Our supporters include moms, mayors, survivors, and everyday Americans who are fighting for reforms that respect the Second Amendment and protect people. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us @Everytown.
Everytown for Gun Safety provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our jobs page and provide a cover letter and resume. Please label your materials with your first and last name. Thank you.