At Last Mile Health, we obsess about exceptional work. Do you have a record of optimizing planning and performance in a start-up environment? If so, you may be our next Director of Operations for the Community Health Academy (the Academy).
As the Director of Operations reporting to the Executive Director (ED) of the Academy, you will lead the day-to-day priorities and activities of the team, focusing on strategic project management, operational excellence, and communication. You will be critical to the Academy team achieving its goals and building a digital learning platform with a global footprint.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute on strategic and operational plans, vendor management and contracts, and budgets across the Academy
- Scope and coordinate the expansion of the Academy’s work into new countries/regions and new partnerships, in collaboration with the ED
- Work closely with the internal teams to ensure strategic alignment, proposal development, and budget and funding reports
- Prepare for and represent the Academy in internal and external venues to help drive understanding of the Academy’s mission and move decision-making forward
- Facilitate needs of Academy staff to raise critical issues with the ED and receive needed responses, input, or decisions
- Be available to travel up to 20%
What You'll Bring
- You are a seasoned administrative professional with experience being part of and leading high-performing, diverse teams
- Experience leading all aspects of a large-scale project or program from vision to execution especially when cross-functional teams are involved
- Excellent project management skills across remote teams and knowledge of project management software
- You have a master's degree in business administration, public policy, public health or a similar program
- U.S. work authorization
You'll Impress Us If
- You have done this work in the health sector
- You are fluent or have working knowledge in French
- You have previously worked in or understand the context of low resource settings
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH), an organization that has worked for more than a decade to support governments to build national community health systems, has launched the Community Health Academy, which leverages digital technology to train, empower, and connect CHWs and health system leaders around the world.
The Academy is working to support countries to scale their CHW workforces and increase the quality of care that these CHWs provide by creating the world’s first continuing education platform for CHWs and health systems leaders on a global scale. The Academy will feature a two-pronged learning platform—one supporting CHWs, and the other, supporting community health systems leaders to build their capacity to design and manage effective national-scale CHW programs and strong primary health systems. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Minimum Education Required