1014 Torney Avenue
Tides envisions a world of shared prosperity and social change founded on equality & human rights, healthy individuals & communities, a sustainable environment, and quality education for all. Tides accelerates the pace of social change, working with innovative partners to solve society’s toughest problems. For more information, please visit www.tides.org.
Reporting to the Director of Business Process Redesign, the Senior Financial Analyst will partner with key stakeholders (internally and externally) to lead and manage Tides financial strategy, planning, analysis and reporting activities. This position plays a key role leading the organization’s business strategy and developing appropriate and useful financial management tools and metrics to track performance, conduct risk analysis, and develop short and long term financial strategies for each of Tides five entities.
The Senior Financial Analyst is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Economic and financial analysis and modeling to measure, assess, and adapt business operations and service offerings
- Budgeting, revenue forecasting, and financial management reporting
- Analysis for all types of data projects—trends, risks, correlation, indicators, etc.
- Understanding of customer needs and market opportunities
- Lead efforts on Business Intelligence, a database and analyses methodology of Tides financial and business information useful to management
- Development and maintenance of dashboards useful to the daily management of the organization
- Identification and translation of economic indicators to provide information for financial projections
- Project management of intricate analyses, coordinating between other colleagues and occasionally clients
- Communicating and interpreting quantitative results in writing, graphically and verbally for staff and management at all levels throughout the organization
- Development of tools to enhance financial and other decision-making
- Accomplishing quality work within established timeframes, using time and resources effectively and prioritizing tasks to meet current workload and new challenges
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of internal and external clients; ability to strive for high level of satisfaction
- Strong ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Demonstrated ability to engage in a direct and truthful manner; ability to present accurate and appropriate information
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high-level and consistent work ethic in working relationships and all work related duties
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products; experience with financial analysis and modeling in Excel and other programs is a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated financial reporting skills
- Ability to synthesize and analyze information rapidly, and to develop cogent arguments using financial data, market research and qualitative inputs
- Must be able to plan and manage complex projects with contributors from multiple functions and positions
- Must be proficient and comfortable working in teams on project-based work in both structured and unstructured environments, both as a project leader and an active participant
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity for building authentic and constructive relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrated innovation in financial reporting, data management and frameworks
- The ability to demonstrate sensitivity to and appreciation of diverse viewpoints, different communication styles and a wide range of diverse colleagues
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Adaptability: enjoys the challenges of a changing environment and diverse client requirements
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance or other rigorous, quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position
- MBA preferred
Only candidates who meet the above-stated qualifications will be considered. Your resume must include a cover letter expressing your interest in working to support Tides and why you are qualified for this job. To upload your cover letter, add the file to the Attach Documents section at the end of the online application. No phone calls please!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=ac3db27c-a187-40fa-b974-0902020e297a&jobId=247776&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001