Director of Policy Research/Principal Policy Analyst
- Job posted by Institute for Children, Poverty and Homelessness
Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness (ICPH)
The Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness (ICPH) is an independent policy research organization based in New York City. Founded in 1990, ICPH focuses on action-oriented research designed not just to study the complex issues of child and family homelessness, but also to provide data and ideas that will inform and enhance public policy. In addition to bringing information to policy makers at all levels of government and to those in the service, advocacy and research community, ICPH serves as a primary resource for anyone engaged in supporting homeless children and their families in New York City and across the country.
The Institute for Children, Poverty, and Homelessness (ICPH) is looking for a driven, systems-thinker, to lead a team of policy analysts in the production of policy research reports and other written work to advance ICPH’s mission of informing both local and national level policy and practice discussion on child and family homelessness. The Principal Policy Analyst will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will work collaboratively with ICPH’s Chief of Staff and Director of Communications.
· A minimum of five years relevant research experience on policy issues pertaining to poverty, education, children and their families, and homelessness.
· A Master’s degree or Ph.D. (or equivalent) in public policy, policy research, or a related field.
· A demonstrated mastery of quantitative analysis with an expertise in Stata and MS Excel; experience with R and GIS preferred.
· Strong writing skills with the proven ability to prepare content for a variety of publications including but not limited to succinct reports, public policy briefs, blogs, infographics, fact sheets, interactive maps, and social media.
· Ability to connect research and data findings to the wider public policy discussion.
· Ability to communicate complex information and technical details to a variety of different audiences, both verbally and in writing.
· Capable of guiding a team of analyst to use data and research findings to rapidly respond to current public policy issues and public requests for information.
· Willingness to participate in the planning of live and digital events on policy topics.
· Highly organized, detail-oriented management skills with proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
· Capacity to lead and motivate staff and a proven ability to delegate.
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and communicate with all levels of staff and stakeholders.
· Engage in effective project management, which includes the responsibility for content development, management of timelines and activities, communication with project participants, and day-to-day project oversight.
· Develop and manage both new and ongoing policy research projects from design and analysis to the presentation and communication of findings.
· Ensure integrity of quantitative analysis of data drawn from large publicly available datasets as well as proprietary datasets maintained by ICPH.
· Work closely with Director of Communications and External Affairs to coordinate the master calendar of all publications and events.
· Implement practices to ensure strong internal communication and work flow.
· Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
· Foster close-knit camaraderie within ICPH and between ICPH and partner agencies.
· Manage FOIL and FOIA requests to a variety of local and federal government agencies.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please apply through our website: http://bit.ly/ICPHJobs
ICPH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. ICPH is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
ICPH provides its staff with a generous benefits package featuring medical, dental, life insurance, short & long-term disability, pre-tax transit and flexible spending programs, and 403(b) Pension Plan (with Employer Contribution).
Minimum Education Required