FWD.us is a bipartisan political organization that believes America’s families, communities, and economy thrive when more individuals are able to achieve their full potential. For too long, our broken immigration and criminal justice systems have locked too many people out of the American dream. Founded by leaders in the technology and business communities, we seek to grow and galvanize political support to break through partisan gridlock and achieve meaningful reforms. Together, we can move America forward.
The Seasonal Project Manager role will be a part of the Community Department, whose mission is to build and engage the audiences needed to effect change. The Project Manager will report to the Chief of Staff & Head of Project Management within the Community Department.
The Seasonal Project Manager will be expected to work out of the Washington, DC or Oakland, CA office, in a hybrid work environment (3 days in-office, 2 days working from home).
- 3-5 years of project management or account management experience preferred.
- Experience in managing projects in a campaign or agency setting. Good understanding of print, digital, video production and storytelling work.
- Experience managing projects using Asana or similar software.
- A great communicator (verbal and written) with a strong attention to detail. Has experience presenting to executive staff and can present plans, status and other project related information to internal teams.
- Experience in leading, collaborating, managing and working with teams to deliver on projects.
- Ability to identify potential issues and work with teams to solve.
- Ability to proactively develop contingency plans and get projects on track.
- Campaign/Advocacy/Non-profit experience is preferred; immigration and/or criminal justice reform experience a plus.
- Proficient in Google Docs suite and experience with project management tools, such as Asana, is a plus.
- We encourage people who are directly impacted by the issues that we work on to apply.
You will be responsible for:
- Project planning + management: Create and manage project tasks for a campaign from request through to final delivery. Develop clear and thorough project plans, detailing internal tasks, team reviews and approvals. Set up and manage necessary touch points such as stand-ups, status check-ins, reviews, etc. Understand review and approval processes and ensure the plan accommodates necessary review cycles. Works with Digital Strategists to complete campaign template inclusive of goals and post-project evaluation, and maintains regular communication with Digital Strategist on project status, needs, and blockers to keep products on track.
- Ensure resource management: Manage internal cross-functional teams to ensure they have the time, information, and materials needed to complete their tasks. Work with leads and management to ensure capacity constraints are being addressed. Ensure team members are collaborating across functions.
- Risk identification: Identify risk and potential issues before they become a problem and work with teams and management to resolve.
- Drive review process: Ensure that all products created for a specific campaign receive review from appropriate parties and that feedback is implemented.
- Process improvement: Follow established processes and ensure stakeholders and teams are also following processes. Identify where processes can be improved and work with team, management, and/or interdepartmentally to implement changes as needed.
- Flag scope creep: Flag when work is heading out of initial scope and work to find resolution.
- Be the project hub + key communicator: Keep stakeholders across the organization up-to-date on project plan, timing, potential risks, etc.
Starting salary commensurate with experience.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, send us your resume.
Equal Opportunity Employment/Diversity
We are an organization committed to making the world a better place for all people. Diversity is the source of our strength, and allows us to make better decisions, be more impactful, and be better at our jobs day to day. We see our internal commitment to diversity to be reflective of how we view the world and the changes we want to see become reality.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applications for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination.
Whenever possible, the company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law. Applicants who would like to request a reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources.