601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is seeking an executive assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This position is part of the CEO’s team, reporting to the Chief of Staff, and serves as the assistant to the CEO. She or he is responsible for performing top-level administrative duties in support of a fast-paced CEO.
Administrative and General Support
- Manage the CEO’s schedule to support efficient workflow and maximize organizational priorities while anticipating steps ahead.
- Support the CEO’s daily administrative needs, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; creating expense reports; making travel arrangements; developing and tracking travel itineraries; compiling documents for external meetings; organizing and maintaining files; scanning and copying documents for meetings; preparing agendas and minutes for meetings.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the CEO and the CEO team.
- Manage information flow, ensuring follow-up and engagement with appropriate internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to collaborate as needed and to ensure that the CEO is engaged throughout the organization.
Research and Data
- Prepare and brief the CEO for meetings, events, speaking engagements, and other activities by conducting research, compiling and quality controlling background documents, talking points, and other supporting materials.
- Compose and prepare memos, correspondence, presentations, and other documents that are sometimes confidential in nature; conduct subject-matter research; and analyze data.
Event and Project Planning
- Manage special projects assigned by the CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Plan, organize, and manage logistics for special events, board meetings, and other external and internal meetings; focus groups at schools, speaking engagements, etc.
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; especially astute listener who picks up subtle cues that others may miss; diplomatic, firm, gentle, and even pushy when necessary
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and cultivate relationships in a multi-layered organization with a variety of stakeholders (e.g. teachers, coaches, school leaders, board members, funders, hone office and school-based colleagues, etc.)
- Strong project management skills, including goal-setting, and project and event planning
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Demonstrated ability to use sound independent judgment and make measured decisions
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective solutions while managing multiple priorities and effectively prioritizing the impact areas of greatest need
- Access to personal transportation strongly preferred
- High School diploma required and a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred
- At least 3 years of successful administrative or operations experience in a fast-paced environment
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at www.laalliance.org/careers. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.