The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As a leading Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations with former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who possess views from across the political spectrum. We are currently focused on policy issues related to health, energy, the economy, education, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
The Associate Director of Media Relations will play a leadership role in all aspects of BPC’s press and public relations efforts. The director will work with BPC leadership to develop and implement a media engagement strategy for the organization. The director will manage a four-person media relations team and report to the Vice President of Communications.
· Along with Vice President of Communications and senior leadership, engage in strategic planning to increase public awareness of BPC and engage in key political stories
· Manage BPC’s media presence, generating positive media coverage for the organization, its policy projects, senior staff and fellows
· Manage media relations team, to include media relations manager and communications assistant
· Serve as the main communications liaison for most BPC project teams and issues
o Within designated projects, develop and review media-related materials, including press releases, statements, op-eds, letters to the editor, media advisories, event invitations, and blog posts; secure placement of op-eds and letters to the editor
o Within designated projects, cultivate relationships, proactively pitch, and work closely with reporters, journalists, producers, and editors to raise the profile of BPC’s issue area experts
o Within designated projects, work with BPC’s digital media team to integrate digital strategies into media relations efforts
o Within designated projects, work with BPC’s events team to create compelling content that attracts participation from and coverage by top-tier media outlets
· Respond to media inquiries from top-tier national media outlets
· Host the BPC Weekly podcast
· Conduct media training seminars and sessions for BPC staff
· Oversee maintenance of and adherence to organization’s editorial calendar, style guide, and communications menu
· Oversee organization’s implementation of public opinion surveys in partnership with Morning Consult
· Advise Development team on communications issues
· Manage outside vendors and negotiate contracts (Morning Consult, Cision, August II, Throughline)
The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions…
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should submit resume, cover letter, writing sample, and references. Please submit materials as one file.
BPC is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should submit resume, cover letter, writing sample, and…