Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
Terms of Employment: Full Time, At-Will, Exempt
Reports to: International Operations Manager
Position Location: Los Angeles, USA
The role of the Office Coordinator will manage the day to day bookkeeping and operations of our Los Angeles office. Successful candidates must be detail-oriented and extremely well organized. The ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment is essential.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reply to general information requests (via email and phone) with the accurate information
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain a commitment to, and ability to convey, Animal Equality’s mission with genuine passion and the willingness to continually learn about the organization and mission
- Collect and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and vendor deliveries
- Manage the ordering of office supplies and maintain inventory, following outlined protocol
- Assist with the setup and cleaning up for all events/meetings
- Oversee birthday, anniversary and new hire celebrations for employees
- Coordinate in-office onboarding welcome experience for new employees, including new hire paperwork and orientation scheduling
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments; such as all staff meetings
- Facilitate the creation and documentation of office processes
- Maintain filing systems for employees and vendors
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports for the Operations Manager
- Resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions
- Schedule travel, meeting, and other arrangements for staff, as needed
- Take on additional projects and responsibilities as needed
- Preparing check and cash deposits, making bank deposits and entering transactions with appropriate coding and classification
- Accounts payable duties including: paying bills through checks, ACH or card, vendor management, mailing and entering transactions
- Credit card receipt management for multiple cards and entering transactions
- ACH deposit duties including: organizing/reconciling data from payment processors and entering transactions
- Employee expense report management including follow up and entering transactions
- Organizing files, whether electronic or paper, to ensure sufficient supporting documentation for transactions
- Coordinating with other departments as it relates to purchases, receipts or any other information necessary to perform job
- Perform other related duties as necessary, requiring strong organizational and time management skills
- Minimum of three years of related experience, including bookkeeping
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Quickbooks skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people on various issues
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in the use of G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to the objectives of the organization
Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account plans. Casual office environment includes companion animals.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Animal Equality is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
To apply, please address the following questions in your cover letter and send it along with your resume.
- Why do you want to work for Animal Equality?
- What will you bring to Animal Equality?
- What are your specific salary expectations?