Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Government and International Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the United States and around the globe, and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC operates simultaneously at the international, national and local levels with a physical presence in the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America. AJC Palm Beach is a Palm Beach County-based regional office of this major global organization. The role of the regional office is to: 1) bring this major global mission to life through local advocacy and educational programming, 2) build a leadership cadre, and 3) raise funds which support the global efforts of the organization.
AJC’s Palm Beach office is a fast-paced, highly effective organization that demands creativity, commitment, passion for global Jewish advocacy, and the ability to build relationships across the Jewish community.
The role of the Director of Leadership Engagement/Development will be to support these efforts in coordination with the Director and the Palm Beach Board of Directors. He/She will be primarily responsible for helping to implement a successful fundraising campaign with particular emphasis on personal solicitations, community involvement, special events, new leadership development, and public relations.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy, self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism with a love of Jewish heritage and Israel, familiarity with Jewish culture, knowledge of the local Jewish community, and experience in, and dedication to, promoting pluralistic values. A strong commitment to Israel and to AJC's mission/priority areas are also important.
The best candidate will be an experienced development professional with planning and management skills and a proven track record of fundraising success. He/She will have significant experience organizing and implementing both small and large events, donor cultivation, major gift solicitation, and stewardship. However, major life experience will also be considered very highly if most other attributes are in place. The candidate must also be a consummate team player who works effectively with various constituencies. Proficient computer skills, exceptional organizational and writing skills, and strong interpersonal skills including an excellent telephone presence are a must.
- Working closely with the Regional Director and board/volunteer leadership to provide support and organization in all development activities;
- Help develop and implement strategies to encourage new gifts, as well as increasing current donor contributions;
- Steward gifts through donor contact;
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with donors and local lay leadership, increasing their engagement and investment in AJC;
- Identify, qualify and engage prospective donors in order to expand the number of Marshall Society and National Leadership Council members;
- Conduct research on prospective sources of revenue, including major gift prospects and foundations;
- Partner with staff and lay leadership to provide organization, support, and guidance for development strategies that will deepen investment in AJC and enlarge AJC’s annual campaign;
- Coordinate fundraising dinners, special events, community receptions, donor stewardship programs, regional outreach and written appeals
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events;
- Assist with the design and proofreading of invitations, solicitation letters, and marketing materials;
- Update prospect and donor records;
- Collaborate with staff and board members to engage existing and new donors
- Enhance AJC Palm Beach communication efforts to yield greater engagement and financial support;
- Work with local media sources for publication of campaign related information; and
- Perform other tasks needed to support overall office effectiveness.
- The Director will perform all of these responsibilities while adhering to AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Passion for AJC's mission;
- Some prior knowledge of, and/or experience with, issues of concern to AJC
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree highly preferred;
- 8 or more years of relevant experience;
- Proficient in managing and interpreting development data;
- Proficient in MS Office, (especially Word and Excel);
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred;
- Self-starter who is able to work independently as well as collaborate with professional and volunteer leadership;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Stellar inter-personal skills;
- Solid attention to detail;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Experience with or interest in social media (Facebook/Twitter) and marketing strategy are preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure while keeping a sense of humor;
- Goal-oriented, flexible, creative, and strategic thinker which can be used to develop new ways to engage potential and existing donors, as well create new giving opportunities and programs;
- Familiarity with and passion for Jewish communal life in the local region; and
- Flexibility with schedule (occasional early morning, evening and weekend work required).
- Familiarity with the Palm Beach County Jewish community, including gated communities and the Island of Palm Beach.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your application on: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/dir-of-leadership-engagement-palm-beach-2018/