31 Court Street
The Boys & Girls Club of Taunton (BGCT) was founded in 1902 to create a positive place for the youth of Taunton, Massachusetts and each year serves nearly 1,000 members ages 6-18. The Club is currently seeking a motivated and qualified candidate to direct and manage overall daily operations of the Taunton Club. A successful candidate with ample experience will have the ability to transform this organization during a pivotal time in their 115 year history. This is an organizational position with high expectations and deliverables.
Under the direction of the Unit Director, the Aquatic Director will be responsible for developing and implementing aquatic related programs that will promote membership growth and retention and increase program enrollment. He/she will oversee all aspects of operating a successful and safe facility and programs including supervision of all aquatic staff and swim team coaches; effective budget development and management; maintenance of supplies and equipment; maintenance of the pool environments to meet or exceed health standards and maintaining of positive relationships with members and the community.
Currently, the Boys & Girls Club of Taunton is under a consulting agreement with the Boys & Girls Club of Brockton. The applicant selected for this position will receive guidance from the leadership of the Boys & Girls Club of Brockton.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience in aquatics preferred; at least have been an aquatics supervisor and/or assistant director, etc.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess and maintain current Lifeguard and WSI certifications.
- Possess or be willing to obtain instructor certifications for Lifeguard, CPR, First Aid, AED and Oxygen Administration.
- Possess or be willing to obtain Certified Pool Operator qualification.
- Ability to manage multiple program areas and tasks within the aquatics program.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- This is non-traditional work week position and must be available to work occasional weekends, some early mornings and evenings.
· Develop, implement and supervise all aquatic programs with the intent to increase net income including but not limited to lessons for all age groups, swim team, recreational swim programs, adult programming, and group rentals. Prepare and enforce policies and procedures for same. The Club has both an indoor (5) lane 25 yd. pool and an outdoor pool at our summer camp location, Camp Riverside.
· Prepare annual budget and ongoing forecasts for all aquatic programs and departments. Monitor and respond to variances.
· Evaluate programs in relation to Boys & Girls Club departmental targets. Develop and implement a program evaluation system for use as a measurement tool for all aquatic programs. Respond in a timely manner to program and membership survey results and/or informal and ongoing feedback. Communicate findings and plans to Unit Director, volunteer committees, staff and participants and propose/implement approved course of action.
· Recruit, train, and supervise all staff including swim team coaches, lifeguards and instructors. This includes conduction of regular staff meetings, ongoing coaching, implementation of individual staff development plans, and in-service training.
· Ensure that all Department of Public Health and Club standards for aquatic environments and programs are met or exceeded. Maintain the cleanliness of the pool deck. Work closely with the Facility Director to maintain the filtration/chemical systems and assist with the maintenance and repair of all equipment and facilities.
· Anticipate and minimize potential problems with participants or the environment and respond effectively and in accordance with guidelines to problems that occur. Execute and enforce all safety regulations policies and procedures, including those for the prevention of child abuse.
· Respond quickly and effectively to accidents and incidents. Accurately prepare and submit Accident and Incident Reports in a timely manner.
· Instruct staff and participants in emergency procedures.
· Proactively communicate with Unit Director, staff and members. Respond in a timely manner to all member inquiries, comments and/or complaints.
· Maintain appropriate inventory of equipment and supplies including all first aid and AED/O2 supplies for the branch. Order same for all programs.
· Proactively promote aquatic programs through appropriate media, brochure material, flyers, speaking engagements, etc.
· Cooperate with peer directors to coordinate facility rentals and in the integration of aquatic programs for child care, camp and other program areas.
· Participate in Management Team meetings and activities and actively participate.
· Actively participate in the annual campaign and other fund and friend raising events as directed by the Unit Director.
· Positively represent the Boys & Girls Club and maintain relationships with professional and community organizations/agencies.
· Participate in activities, workshops, conferences, etc. that will enhance personal and professional growth.
· Participate as building supervisor per branch schedule.
· All other duties within the Branch as assigned by the Unit Director.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and a writing sample or mail to:
Boys & Girls Club of Taunton
Interim Chief Executive Officer
31 Court Street
Taunton, MA. 02780