Alliance for Justice (AFJ) is seeking a California Program Coordinator to provide administrative and programming support for the five-person Bolder Advocacy team’s California offices. Bolder Advocacy is the nation’s leading resource for foundations and nonprofits who want to engage more actively and knowledgeably in the policymaking process. Through trainings and on demand assistance, Bolder Advocacy’s legal experts help organizations move from cautious to courageous across lobbying, election-related, ballot measure, grantmaking, capacity building, and other efforts necessary to change the world.
Alliance for Justice is a national association of over 120 organizations, representing a broad array of groups committed to progressive values and the creation of an equitable, just, and free society. Since 1979, AFJ has been the leader in advocating for a fair and independent justice system, preserving access to the courts, and empowering others to stand up and fight for their causes. The two pillars of Alliance for Justice are our Justice Program, focusing on ensuring our nation’s courts protect our critical constitutional rights and legal protections, and our Bolder Advocacy Program, focusing on building advocacy capacity for nonprofits and the foundations that fund them.
AFJ is headquartered in Washington, DC, with offices in California and Texas. For more information about Bolder Advocacy, please visit www.bolderadvocacy.org.
· Manage and coordinate logistics for workshops, fundraising events, member and public events conducted by AFJ’s California staff, including planning, registration, booking travel, materials, marketing, and invoicing.
· Manage technical assistance phone and email “hotline” together with DC-based program coordinator.
· Assist with tracking data on technical assistance and workshops using Excel, Salesforce, Zoom, SalsaLabs, GoToWebinar, and other similar platforms.
· Schedule meetings, maintain calendars, and prepare activity reports for California staff.
· Assist with donor research and grant tracking in collaboration with Washington, DC-based Development team.
· Support Bolder Advocacy and Outreach staff in building and maintaining relationships with AFJ organizational members, including identifying potential new members, assisting with recruitment, and stewarding member relationships.
· Support California staff in building and maintaining relationships with California nonprofits, foundations, and other partners.
· Collaborate with DC-based program coordinator and other DC-based staff on implementing systems for data management, program metric collection, and grant reporting of technical assistance, workshop participation, capacity tool usage, and outreach.
· Promote AFJ workshops, events, publications, technical assistance, capacity tools, and other resources through e-mails, online platforms, phone calls, etc. to expand the audience for Bolder Advocacy programming.
· Coordinate with other staff to maintain office supplies and equipment.
· Other duties as assigned by the California Director or in coordination with the Bolder Advocacy Director as needed.
• Experience in an administrative and/or program support position, preferably as an Executive Assistant, Program Assistant, Administrative Assistant, or related position.
• Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Initiative, creativity, and judgment to manage own workload and support the Bolder Advocacy team.
• A strong understanding of database programs such as Salesforce and Salsa.
• Comfortable with numbers, designing graphs/charts, and presentations.
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Able to work with remote office staff.
· Brings a great attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, patience, and a sense of humor to the workplace.
Preferred but not required
• Commitment to social justice, racial equity, and public interest issues.
• Spanish written and spoken fluency; able to carry out daily work in Spanish as well as English.
• 2-3 years nonprofit and/or public interest organization experience.
• Experience managing social media presence for a nonprofit.
• Experience with managing budgets, grants, and invoicing.
• Knowledge of Salesforce and Salsa is preferred. Familiarity with online survey tools, e.g. SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey is a plus.
• Basic HTML experience.
• Background in event planning and logistics.
• BA or BS degree.
Alliance for Justice (AFJ) is seeking a California Program Coordinator to provide administrative and programming support for the five-person Bolder Advocacy team’s California offices. Bolder Advocacy is the nation’s leading resource…
AFJ provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription, optional vision, dental, flexible spending account, and life and disability insurance, as well as commuter benefits and retirement programs.
AFJ provides a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription, optional vision, dental, flexible spending account, and life and disability insurance, as well as…
Qualified applicants please reference California Program Coordinator in your subject line and submit a letter of interest and resume to the Director of Administration, Alicia Peyton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AFJ prohibits discrimination against its employees and applicants for employment based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, sero-status and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or income.
Qualified applicants please reference California Program Coordinator in your subject line and submit a letter of interest and resume to the Director of Administration, Alicia…