Details: Up to $55000 per year
Requisition ID: req1615
Job Title: Associate Project Manager
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, we offer lifesaving relief and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. With a total budget over $600 million, the IRC works in 30+ countries and 22 American cities.
The Associate Project Manager, Creative Services and Brand provides administrative support and production coordination for a fast-paced, creative services function that serves as an in-house agency for a global base of internal clients and brand management objectives.
The Associate Project Manager ensures quality across production of myriad projects including events, campaigns, and communications. It requires a thorough understanding of staff resources, vendor management, financial resources, and scheduling to complete concurrent projects efficiently and effectively. Projects include, but are not limited to, the production and distribution of marketing collateral, videos, e-mails, and digital advertising.
The position is based at IRC headquarters in New York, reports to the Senior Project Manager, Creative Services & Brand, and works closely with other colleagues in the Creative Services, Marketing, Fundraising and Communications teams, and regularly interacts with IRC staff across the organization.
- Serve as initial point of contact and assess creative project requests, providing knowledgeable, professional, and efficient support to various internal clients;
- Field, evaluate, and quickly respond to requests by defining project resource requirements and ensuring availability of resources
- Develop detailed project plans to track progress and oversee assigned projects from concept to completion;
- Ensure project feasibility and manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs;
- Communicate with stakeholders at all levels to lead kickoff meetings, project reviews, and ongoing project updates;
- Provide day-to-day administrative support including invoice processing, team meeting agendas and hot sheets/status reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors;
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Sr. Project Manager, Creative Services & Brand
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: Sr. Director, Creative Services & Brand
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in marketing, public relations or related field.
Minimum: 1-3+ years' experience in project management, creative design production, marketing, fundraising or communications
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies
· Experience in project management, account management, or production coordination for Marketing/Communications;
· Comprehensive understanding of general marketing practices
· Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment;
· Solid understanding of creative & print practices.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively and adaptively in a highly collaborative, interdependent team environment;
· Strong computer skills, proficient use of Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint), Outlook and Internet.
· Experience with integrated creative workflows;
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Workfront, or similar project management software.
· Experience with non-profit and international contexts;
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Working Environment: Standard Office Environment -This role may require working remotely full or part time and part time remote employees may be required to share workspace.
Minimum Education Required