Details: commensurate with experience
108 East 89th Street
The Office of Development and Alumni Relations at The Dalton School seeks a team player to join a dynamic office for a leading independent school. The individual should have a commitment to The Dalton School’s mission, passion for education, enjoy multi-tasking, and have the talent and ability to effectively work with colleagues, parents, alumni, and other members of the Dalton community.
- Welcome all visitors and manage security system
- Manage individual calendar for Director of Development and departmental calendar
- Assist Director of Development with projects, drafting and routing correspondence, and monitoring incoming telephone calls
- Assist as a member of the Development team with events and additional efforts of the Development/Alumni office (some evenings required)
- Help with Raiser’s Edge data entry and occasional back-up gift entry
- Schedule and organize all facets of meetings (securing space, ordering food, providing name tags, setting up technology needs) and take minutes as needed
- Create, edit, and proof written and digital materials
- Manage needs of the Development department including invoices and requisitions
- Order supplies and materials for the Development and Business Offices
- Help with other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of one year of Development or comparable experience
- Excellent communications skills. Candidates must be able to communicate equally well with staff, faculty, administrators, parents, and board members in the school community.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Internet Browsers and other PC and Mac based applications.
- Able to work with confidential material
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Sense of humor is helpful
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via the online employment portal at https://www.dalton.org/employment
The Dalton School actively seeks to forward the equity and diversity of our community in our admissions, programs, and hiring. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, ethnic origin, age, physical disability or sexual orientation in administration of our educational policies, hiring policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs, athletics and other school-administered programs.
Highly competitive benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter via the online employment portal at https://www.dalton.org/employment