Details: $30,000 / year
1803 N 7th St
Position Description: Exhibition Curator and Educational Programmer
Full-time, hourly position (minimum of 40 hours per week) reporting to the Executive Director, some weekends and evenings required.
Position responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Curator of Exhibitions
· Builds exhibition calendar. Related tasks include, but are not limited working with The Art Center Exhibition Committee to review exhibit submission, curate at least three exhibit proposals annually, and is required to maintain contracts and communication with exhibiting artists throughout the entire process leading up to exhibits. This position installs exhibits, works with front desk to organize volunteers, and directs artwork drop-off and pick-up.
· Assures exhibition space is well prepared for each exhibit and coordinates logistics for artists and The Art Center.
Education Programs Coordinator
· Reviews and hires all 2D adult program instructors. Position will prepare educational programming contracts between the Art Center and instructors and lectures. Responsible for adult class set-ups, material lists, write-ups, and course evaluations.
· Supplies Communications Coordinator with descriptions, dates, fees and images for website, magazine, postcard and all media outlets. Designs a cohesive and defined program to support The Art Center’s mission and vision.
· Assist Children and Special Needs Education Coordinator in organizing children’s and special needs program
Organizes Educational Events such as the Demo Night and Artist Lecture Series with volunteers and interns.
· High degree of people and organizational skills required.
· Ability to multi-task and accept constructive feedback from supervisor, staff and public.
· Excellent writing and verbal skills.
· Computer literate especially with Adobe suite of programs and Excel.
· Bachelors in studio arts, arts education, arts administration and/or art exhibition and educational background required. Museum and/or gallery experience preferred.
· Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and be comfortable on ladders, as she/he will be installing a large variety of artworks including painting, sculpture, video and installation art.
· Must be innovative and community-minded.
3% matching simple IRA
Paid vacation, holiday, and sick time
Paid membership to Appleton Clinics.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit http://gjartcenter.org/wp/employment-opportunity-curator-education-programmer/