Greater Newark Health Care Coalition ("GNHCC") is one of four not-for-profit regional health hubs in New Jersey working with both clinical and social service providers to improve patient care and outcomes. The vision of GNHCC is health equity for residents of Greater Newark. The mission is to work collaboratively to improve systems, community and individual conditions for optimal health and well-being. Core functions include: (1) neutral convening with coordination and alignment of local efforts, (2) data collection, sharing and analysis, (3) the design and testing of innovative strategies and (4) engagement in health policy, planning and advocacy.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant will handle a wide variety of administrative tasks to support the Executive Director and daily affairs of GNHCC. Daily responsibilities shall involve scheduling meetings, responding to emails and telephone calls, and drafting meeting minutes, memos, and presentations and supporting program, staff and external partners.
- Deliver outstanding schedule management and executive support for the Executive Director: Solicit and review meeting requests, prioritize appointments, coordinate scheduling with internal and external parties and manage scheduling priorities for the Executive Director.
- Schedule, prepare and attend (as requested) meetings for/with the Executive Director; have a clear understanding of each meeting’s purpose and benefit; maintain excellent communication with all participants around location, technology, attendees, and scheduling; document distribution and conference technology setup; catering, venue use, set up and clean up as needed.
- Support the Executive Director in preparation for meetings and presentations including quarterly Board of Directors meetings: Identify key dates for meeting preparation, proofread and format report drafts, help create PowerPoint and other materials as needed, draft minutes of the meeting for the Executive Director’s review.
- Support the Management team with the scheduling of meetings .
- Engage with stakeholders: Communicate in a professional and respectful manner to all stakeholders, including coalition members and internal team members.
- Sustain organizational history and recordkeeping: Taking minutes in all assigned meetings for history and accountability.
- Demonstrate initiative and effectively manage time: Identify potential challenges before they arise and ensure that all scheduling priorities are addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage purchasing from request to order fulfillment, and the reconciliation of monthly debit card expenses including maintaining proper documentation for all expenses.
- Entry, maintenance, and reporting of GNHCC contact data into and from master spreadsheet, including updates to stakeholder and assistant information.
- Keep the office organized and running efficiently including maintaining an inventory of supplies and ordering items as needed.
- Other duties will be assigned depending on the Executive Director’s needs and Executive Assistant’s abilities.
Required Education & Skills:
- At least three years of strong experience working as an Executive Assistant, with demonstrated expertise in anticipating and fulfilling the needs and priorities of a senior executive. Must have experience managing others' calendars.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to multi-task, accomplishing numerous tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner; demonstrated ability to execute on short-term, deadline-driven tasks daily, and long-term projects .
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with colleagues.
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude, with an independent disposition and a willingness to do what it takes to get the job done.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Zoom is required; experience with Adobe and Constant Contact preferred.