TECHNOLOGY STRATEGIES MANAGER
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
KIND was founded by the Microsoft Corporation and UNHCR Special Envoy Angelina Jolie, and is the leading national organization that works to ensure that no refugee or immigrant child faces immigration court alone. We do this in partnership with over 531 law firms, corporate legal departments, law schools, and bar associations has served more than 16,386 children since 2009, and trained over 26,018 private sector attorneys to provide them with high quality representation in their deportation proceedings. KIND promotes protection of children in countries of origin and transit countries and works to address the root causes of child migration from Central America. KIND also advocates to change law, policy, and practices to improve the protection of unaccompanied children in the United States, by educating policymakers, the media, and the broader public about the violence that is driving children out of Central America and their need for protection.
In collaboration with the Senior Director of Technology Strategies and the Technology Team, the Technologies Strategies Manager is responsible for supporting the execution of the organization’s legal services technology projects and ensuring they align effectively with KIND’s strategic, operational and outcome goals.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
At least 2-3 years of collective experience in: technical solution design, business process design, user experience design, search engine marketing, system-to-system integration, security/privacy/accessibility standards and compliance techniques, data migration, solution delivery, end user training, usage tracking and continuous operational improvement; a degree in computer science or related field required.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to, and a passion for KIND’s mission;
- Exceptional project management skills in concert with an energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive approach to delivering technology projects that result in measurable successes and program growth;
- Microsoft Solution Certifications in related technologies is a plus;
- Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture/infrastructure;
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Architecture;
- Experience implementing and operating case management and transactional web property solutions is a plus;
- Possess significant knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures; understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments;
- Knowledge of LegalServer or other related legal CMS technology solutions is desirable, but not required;
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff;
- Direct experience working with the service delivery and/or operations of a nonprofit organization(s) is a plus.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Senior Director, Technology Strategies
- Manage, contribute to, and assist the Senior Director for Technology Strategies with KIND's vision of technology solutions development;
- Continue developing solutions for existing projects using Microsoft Office 365 and Windows Azure, with the goal to increase the overall effectiveness of client services provided by KIND;
- Develop and utilize tools for measuring and demonstrating overall effectiveness of technology usage for all projects, to communicate and inform decisions throughout the organization, at all levels;
- Research and recommend alternative technical solutions to meet project requirements efficiently, with an eye toward reusability, sustainability, and innovation;
- Coordinate and encourage cross department participation, cooperation, and interest for project related activities;
- Inform the development of written standard operating procedures, ongoing support and best practices, protocols, and guidance for staff and end-users;
- Ensure existing lines of IT support are kept informed, inline, and capable with technology related issues arising within a project, or with standard procedures around a new technology going into production;
- Provide administrative support as needed. Manage staff, facilitate and coordinate meetings, tasks, and deliverables.
Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes regular interaction via phone and email with KIND’s national team.
Position requires some travel to KIND field offices throughout the year.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications, including a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and contact information for three professional references, should be submitted online at: https://supportkind.org/jobs/. Applications that do not contain all of the above-listed required materials will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants selected for interviews will be duly notified. Please no inquiries or phone calls.
KIND is an EOE committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in both its staff and work. The selected applicant will be asked to undergo a background check before acceptance of the final offer.